New English language channel launches in India with Cinegy Air PRO
Sold and installed by Cinegy’s regional partner, New Delhi-based Setron India, Cinegy Air PRO is a software-based system for HD and UHD 4K playout automation that uses standard IT server hardware and certified SDI video cards.
Cinegy Managing Director Daniella Weigner said, “Travelxp is a leader in technical advances, offering the best to its viewers in its latest venture. The advantage of Cinegy Air PRO is that it can easily run multiple HD and/or UHD 4K channels, which is precisely what they wanted. What’s more, multiple instances of Cinegy Air PRO can run on a single machine. Playout channels can also be configured to stream programs live with no need for additional hardware or software.”
Setron India Director Arjun Dhawan said, “Cinegy software is stable and easy to use, offering a simplified workflow and more modern technology than the existing system Travelxp had been using. What’s more, the use of Cinegy delivered uptime statistics that delighted the operations staff. The system has been up and running for more than six months without a single reboot.”
The flexible nature of Cinegy software, together with the skills of Setron as Cinegy’s partner also came to the fore. Cinegy writes daily as-run logs in Universal Time Coordinated (UTC), which resolves issues to do with seasonal time changes around the world. However, Indian broadcast regulation requires as-run logs with local timestamps.
As a result, Setron had a customization part to play because Travelxp needed daily reconciliation of its as-run logs. These were to be split at midnight each day and the time of events in the logs converted to the Indian Time Zone. So as part of the deal, Arjun Dhawan’s software-oriented company ‘ElectronicVerve’ developed a special tool for Travelxp to handle this log split and conversion to any time zone as required.
The ability of Cinegy and Setron to fulfill special requirements and successfully set up the workflow was a major factor in winning the business once the proof of concept period was completed.
“Local support is critical in India,” said Dhawan. “Cinegy appointed Setron as a Master Reseller, and that helped boost Travelxp’s confidence as they understood that we’re not only about making a sale but also about providing solid Level 2 backup. Our full understanding of Cinegy software coupled with a local presence ensures that Travelxp is fully covered by on-site and remote support around the clock.”
Travelxp’s plans to expand its UHD 4K services will also be well catered for by Setron as Cinegy Air PRO and other Cinegy software modules are a proven scalability solution.
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 69 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Han Ji-hyun stars in the popular k-drama ‘The Penthouse 3: War in Life’ 63 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- Firstlight Media names Jim Vinh to lead Asia-Pacific sales 61 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- NBC Olympics selects its audio consoles provider for production of Olympic Games in Tokyo 52 views | posted on June 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020