Euronews, Europe’s leading international news channel, has launched recently on StarHub, a leading homegrown Singapore company delivering world-class communications, entertainment, and digital solutions.
Since the summer, Euronews’ English language edition has been available in HD across the whole APAC region, via Asiasat 5. StarHub is the first operator to access this functionality.
StarHub customers on StarHub’s Entertainment+ Pass and English Entertainment Pass are the first in the Asia Pacific to enjoy Euronews on StarHub’s channel 704, at no extra cost. The launch of Euronews adds yet another quality channel to StarHub’s comprehensive line-up of entertainment content, ranging from the freshest and hottest dramas, variety shows, movies, infotainment as well as live sporting action.
Viewers in Singapore can access Euronews’ English language edition, which has undergone an important editorial transformation: over the last two years, Euronews has rolled out live anchored shows every weekday on this edition.
With bureaus and correspondents across the world, Euronews journalists bring viewers engaging and real-time news content, using the latest smartphone technology. Since 2018, a social media newsroom #TheCube is fully integrated into all anchored shows. #TheCube specialises in finding, fact-checking, and if needed, debunking the biggest stories in real-time.
Unapologetically impartial, Euronews has reinforced its capacity to deliver quality news, welcoming all views and all voices so that viewers can be empowered to form their own opinion.
Yann Courqueux, Vice President, Home Product of StarHub said, “As news, both verified and unverified, becomes more easily accessible to the public, it is vital that our customers know that they can trust the news channels available on StarHub. We are happy to partner with a neutral and trustworthy news channel such as Euronews to keep our customers up to date on news about Europe.”
Maxime Carboni, Director of Worldwide Distribution at Euronews said, “We are thrilled to grow Euronews’ footprint in Asia by partnering with StarHub, a reference in the APAC TV landscape and a premier destination for quality content. This common trust led to this new partnership, which strengthens Euronews’ purpose to bring impartial news to our audiences in Singapore.”
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 85 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 75 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 72 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Silvergate Media prepares to launch season two of award-winning animated series ‘Hilda’ 50 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020