Euronews, Europe’s leading international news channel, has launched recently on StarHub, a leading homegrown Singapore company delivering world-class communications, entertainment, and digital solutions.
Since the summer, Euronews’ English language edition has been available in HD across the whole APAC region, via Asiasat 5. StarHub is the first operator to access this functionality.
StarHub customers on StarHub’s Entertainment+ Pass and English Entertainment Pass are the first in the Asia Pacific to enjoy Euronews on StarHub’s channel 704, at no extra cost. The launch of Euronews adds yet another quality channel to StarHub’s comprehensive line-up of entertainment content, ranging from the freshest and hottest dramas, variety shows, movies, infotainment as well as live sporting action.
Viewers in Singapore can access Euronews’ English language edition, which has undergone an important editorial transformation: over the last two years, Euronews has rolled out live anchored shows every weekday on this edition.
With bureaus and correspondents across the world, Euronews journalists bring viewers engaging and real-time news content, using the latest smartphone technology. Since 2018, a social media newsroom #TheCube is fully integrated into all anchored shows. #TheCube specialises in finding, fact-checking, and if needed, debunking the biggest stories in real-time.
Unapologetically impartial, Euronews has reinforced its capacity to deliver quality news, welcoming all views and all voices so that viewers can be empowered to form their own opinion.
Yann Courqueux, Vice President, Home Product of StarHub said, “As news, both verified and unverified, becomes more easily accessible to the public, it is vital that our customers know that they can trust the news channels available on StarHub. We are happy to partner with a neutral and trustworthy news channel such as Euronews to keep our customers up to date on news about Europe.”
Maxime Carboni, Director of Worldwide Distribution at Euronews said, “We are thrilled to grow Euronews’ footprint in Asia by partnering with StarHub, a reference in the APAC TV landscape and a premier destination for quality content. This common trust led to this new partnership, which strengthens Euronews’ purpose to bring impartial news to our audiences in Singapore.”
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 50 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 45 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 45 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- ‘Beyblade Burst’ TV series now airing on RTV Indonesia via Animasia Studio 43 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020