Euronews, Europe’s leading international news channel, has launched recently on StarHub, a leading homegrown Singapore company delivering world-class communications, entertainment, and digital solutions.
Since the summer, Euronews’ English language edition has been available in HD across the whole APAC region, via Asiasat 5. StarHub is the first operator to access this functionality.
StarHub customers on StarHub’s Entertainment+ Pass and English Entertainment Pass are the first in the Asia Pacific to enjoy Euronews on StarHub’s channel 704, at no extra cost. The launch of Euronews adds yet another quality channel to StarHub’s comprehensive line-up of entertainment content, ranging from the freshest and hottest dramas, variety shows, movies, infotainment as well as live sporting action.
Viewers in Singapore can access Euronews’ English language edition, which has undergone an important editorial transformation: over the last two years, Euronews has rolled out live anchored shows every weekday on this edition.
With bureaus and correspondents across the world, Euronews journalists bring viewers engaging and real-time news content, using the latest smartphone technology. Since 2018, a social media newsroom #TheCube is fully integrated into all anchored shows. #TheCube specialises in finding, fact-checking, and if needed, debunking the biggest stories in real-time.
Unapologetically impartial, Euronews has reinforced its capacity to deliver quality news, welcoming all views and all voices so that viewers can be empowered to form their own opinion.
Yann Courqueux, Vice President, Home Product of StarHub said, “As news, both verified and unverified, becomes more easily accessible to the public, it is vital that our customers know that they can trust the news channels available on StarHub. We are happy to partner with a neutral and trustworthy news channel such as Euronews to keep our customers up to date on news about Europe.”
Maxime Carboni, Director of Worldwide Distribution at Euronews said, “We are thrilled to grow Euronews’ footprint in Asia by partnering with StarHub, a reference in the APAC TV landscape and a premier destination for quality content. This common trust led to this new partnership, which strengthens Euronews’ purpose to bring impartial news to our audiences in Singapore.”
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 81 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 73 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 44 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- BBC Studios licenses the scripted format ‘Doctor Foster’ to ABS-CBN 35 views | posted on April 13, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020