Eccho Rights to represent select Sony Pictures Television international local language drama titles
Global distributor Eccho Rights has agreed an exclusive representation deal with Sony Pictures Television (“SPT”) that sees 15 titles from all over the world join the Swedish company’s slate for this autumn. The new additions include drama series from Australia, Mexico, Colombia, Russia, and South Korea.
The titles included as part of this deal are: Leverage (South Korea), Crane In The Sky and Midwves (Russia), Friday On My Mind, Love Child (Australia), Hugo El Comandante, Isa TKM, Isa TK+, Lady La Vendedora de Rosas, Los Caballeros Las Prefieren Brutas, Metastasis, Manual Para Galanes, Rosario Tijeras, La Guzman (Colombia) and Rosario Tijeras (Mexico)
“This is a very exciting opportunity, to add a large stock of quality productions from one of the most recognisable brand names in the entertainment industry,” says Fredrik af Malmborg, Managing Director of Eccho Rights. “Sony, with its global studio network, is a perfect partner for us as we continue to expand our catalogue of international titles.”
Brendan Fitzgerald, SVP International Co-Production, Sony Pictures Television, says, “Eccho Rights has a stellar reputation for their specialized distribution of local language content from all over the world. We see them as a terrific complement to our existing distribution activity in certain territories to further bring our local language productions to a wider audience. We are excited to begin working with Eccho.”
Eccho Rights current catalogue consists of titles from a diverse range of territories including Turkey, Sweden, Ukraine, India, and Finland as well as a number of Korean series from mother company CJ ENM. Eccho Rights has offices in Stockholm, Istanbul, Madrid, and Seoul.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 35 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Short-format OTT platform Biiggbang Amusement launches as it aims to have the world’s largest content library 31 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- GoQuest Media locks in distribution deal with Telekom Srbija 30 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 30 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020