all3media international signs first collaboration with Nutopia, securing distribution to ‘A World of Calm’
Marking the first collaboration between the two companies; the agreement will see all3media international handling global distribution rights (excluding the US and Latin America) to A World of Calm. Based on the popular Calm app, the ten-part series was produced for HBO Max in the US, where it premiered earlier this month.
Offering the ultimate relaxing viewing, each half-hour episode takes audiences on an immersive and mesmeric visual journey, with narration by A-list stars: including Mahershala Ali, Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Idris Elba, Oscar Isaac, Nicole Kidman, Zoë Kravitz, Lucy Liu, Cillian Murphy, Keanu Reeves, and Kate Winslet.
Rachel Job, SVP Non-Scripted Content at all3media international, said, “We’re very pleased to partner with the incredibly talented team at Nutopia in taking the innovative A World of Calm to an international audience. Nutopia is renowned for producing high-quality non-scripted series with epic scale, and this latest collaboration, coming straight after our recently announced deal with Two Rivers Media, is the perfect next step in our drive to expand our premium factual portfolio.”
Jane Root, Founder and Chief Executive at Nutopia and Executive Producer on A World of Calm, added, “With its combination of soothing sounds, immersive visuals and scientifically-engineered narratives, A World of Calm is the ideal antidote to our hectic modern lives. The series offers a calm and relaxing experience that audiences are seeking out right now, and we’re looking forward to working with all3media international to build the success of this timely and ambitious HBO Max title on the global stage.”
“Calm started life as a meditation app but the brand has evolved far beyond that,” said Calm co-founder and co-CEO Michael Acton Smith. “We are delighted to bring the magic behind our audio Sleep Stories to the screen for the first time to an international audience. These experiences are visual Valium and will help people relax and unwind during these stressful times.”
Building on the record-breaking success of Calm’s Sleep Stories™ – bedtime stories for grown-ups with over 200m listens – each relaxing tale is designed to transform how you feel. From a noodle maker’s kitchen in Seattle to the forests of Latvia, and beyond our solar system to the outer stretches of the universe, A World of Calm transports viewers into tranquillity through scientifically engineered narratives, enchanting music, and astounding footage that naturally calms the body and soothes the mind.
A World of Calm is a collaboration between the makers of Calm, the #1 app for sleep, meditation, and relaxation – which has users in more than 190 countries – and Nutopia, the team behind Nat Geo’s critically acclaimed One Strange Rock. Jane Root, Nicola Moody, Michael Acton Smith, and Chris Advansun serve as executive producers and Sara Brailsford and Fiona Caldwell as co-executive producers.
- Differentiating the sports OTT experience 102 views | posted on May 14, 2021
- Abacus Media Rights secures international distribution rights for ‘The Masked Dancer UK’ 99 views | posted on May 17, 2021
- Asian independent short films now accessible worldwide with ZEASN and Viddsee team up 99 views | posted on May 17, 2021
- Social entertainment platform GazeTV breaks the tradition with blockchain, tokenized ecosystem for audiences and video creators 68 views | posted on May 17, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020