Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally
Spackman Entertainment Group Limited (“Spackman Entertainment Group” or the “Company” and together with its subsidiaries, the “Group”), one of Korea’s leading entertainment production groups, wishes to announce that #ALIVE, produced by the Company’s indirect wholly-owned subsidiary, Zip Cinema Co., Ltd. (“Zip Cinema”), attained #1 position on Netflix internationally, following its theatrical run in Korea.
According to FlixPatrol, which records the daily updated Video On Demandcharts for 211 streaming platforms in 83 countries worldwide, #ALIVE took the first position on the global chart of TOP Movies on Netflix in the World on September 10.
#ALIVE ranked #1 in 35 countries around the world based on viewership in Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, Australia, Russia, India, France, the United States, etc. The film premiered internationally on Netflix on 8 September 2020.
Starring top leading actor Yoo Ah-in of UAA&CO Inc., a subsidiary of the Group’s associated company Spackman Media Group Limited (“Spackman Media Group”), and superstar actress Park Shin-hye, #ALIVE previously crossed the 1 million ticket sales within five days of its theatrical release and maintained its #1 position at the Korean box office for three consecutive weeks.
In Korea, #ALIVE achieved the top ranking in VOD sales since the first day of its post-theatrical release on 28 July 2020 in Korea, taking the #1 position at top IPTV channels including KT’s Olleh TV and Digital Cable TV Home Choice, as of 4 August 2020.
#ALIVE is based on an original scenario by Hollywood writer Matt Taylor, who produced the American documentary series, SMALL BUSINESS REVOLUTION: MAIN STREET.
The film relates the story of isolated survivors of a city under lockdown that gets out of control as a consequence of a sudden spread of an unknown infection. UAA’s Yoo Ah-in of DEFAULT (2018), BURNING (2018) & VETERAN (2015) shall play the role of Joon Woon, a gamer who survived by himself and becomes disconnected from the rest of the world. Park Shin-hye of MEMORIES OF THE ALHAMBRA (2018), THE DOCTORS (2016) & THE HEIRS (2013) takes on the role of Yoo Bin, another survivor who relies on her own survival skills throughout the extremely challenging situation in the city.
The film is distributed by Lotte Entertainment and directed by Jo II Hyung.
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 81 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 72 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Astro Media Solutions and Smiley ink exclusive media license partnership 60 views | posted on November 26, 2020
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 54 views | posted on December 1, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020