Singaporean Tyen Rasif, 25, emerged tops in the inaugural season of Asian Dream, beating five other contestants from around Asia. From the start of the competition, Tyen’s unique voice captured the attention of the judges. Her positivity, consistency, and drive, despite a near elimination, helped her to win a well-deserved spot in the final episode. The seven-episode reality singing competition, exclusively aired on AXN, was created in partnership with Subaru Asia and music legend Michael Bolton, who is also the show’s creator, executive producer and host.
The finale featured Tyen and Vietnam’s Linh Tran, 27, in both duet and solo performances. Vietnamese musician Thanh Bui, who was a guest judge, was thrilled by runner-up Linh’s voice and star quality as she belted out Mariah Carey’s “Hero” for her finale act. However, it was Tyen’s rendition of Miley Cyrus’ “Wrecking Ball”, her powerful vocals and stage presence that ultimately won the judges over. The panel of judges for the finale comprised Michael Bolton, Morisette Amon, Thanh Bui and Glenn Tan, Deputy Chairman and Managing Director, Tan Chong International Limited.
“It feels surreal to me. I never thought I’d actually make it this far and to actually win the competition. I think throughout this competition, there have been many moments where I felt immense pressure because I thought that I might not be good enough. I want to tell anybody out there that if you have a dream, just go for it because passion is going to bring you amazing things,” said Tyen, who has now earned the privilege of performing alongside Michael Bolton in his upcoming Asian Dream tour, and become Subaru Asia’s latest ambassador. Tyen, who just obtained her driving licence, will be given a Subaru XV to drive.
“As a platform that has been home to captivating reality competitions such as The Amazing Race Asia and Asia’s Got Talent, we are proud to have partnered with Subaru Asia to air Asian Dream, giving us high-quality content to delight and thrill our global audiences. We would like to congratulate Tyen on the well-deserved win and a big thank you to the rest of the contestants, and judges Michael Bolton and Morissette Amon for a successful run,” said Avani Bhanchawat, Vice President, Affiliate, Media & Sponsorship Sales of KC Global Media Asia, which owns AXN.
Sharing the same goal of finding and grooming talents who are confident, passionate, and courageous enough to pursue their dreams, Subaru Asia worked with multiple Grammy award-winner Michael Bolton.
Over the course of seven episodes, contestants from Hong Kong, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam were mentored, coached, and pushed to the limit by Michael Bolton, and his co-host, Filipina singer and actress Morrisette Amon, along with celebrity guest mentors.
The following guest celebrity mentors joined the resident judges in guiding contestants to become captivating, versatile and well-rounded performers:
- Fashion Photographer Yu Tsai (United States of America)
- Actress Tan Kheng Hua (Singapore)
- Singer Sara Wee (Singapore)
- Choreographer Alif Aircho (Singapore)
- Singer and Subaru Ambassador Mild Nawin (Thailand)
- Singer and actress Jannine Weigel (Thailand)
- Musician Thanh Bui (Vietnam)
- Singer and actress Ho Ngoc Ha (Vietnam)
- Asia’s Next Top Model Season 6 winner and Subaru Ambassador Dana Slosar (Thailand)
- Asia’s Next Top Model Season 6 runner-up Mia Sabathy (Taiwan)
The challengers were:
- Becky Yeung (Hong Kong)
- Karl Zarate (Philippines)
- Linh Tran (Vietnam)
- Poovaa Sri Rama (Malaysia)
- Sasha Ka (Thailand)
Asian Dream was produced by Refinery Media in association with Passion Films and aired on AXN.
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 95 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 95 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 90 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- NTV strikes deal with Walter Presents for ‘Murderous Fever’ 47 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020