Reed Exhibitions announces leadership change at Reed MIDEM
Paul Zilk has decided to step down from his role as President/CEO of Reed MIDEM, an international organiser of business events for the real estate and entertainment industries. Zilk will be succeeded by Michel Filzi, who is President/CEO of sister company Reed Expositions France (REF). The change will be effective on 1 October 2020.
Paul Zilk joined Reed MIDEM in 2001 and has been CEO for more than 17 years. During his tenure, Reed MIDEM expanded its business in the real estate, television, music, and esports sectors. Its portfolio includes leading real estate events MIPIM and MAPIC, and entertainment events MIPCOM, MIPTV, and MIDEM. Zilk will take on an advisory role to Dominic Feltham, the EMEA President for Reed Exhibitions, for the next 12 months.
Michel Filzi has 22 years of experience at Reed Expositions France, including 6 years as CEO. Reed Expositions France organises more than 30 events in 15 different sectors, such as building, hospitality, transport, environment, and art. Filzi will remain as President/CEO of Reed Expositions France and will continue to report to Feltham.
Dominic Feltham said, “We are grateful to Paul for his leadership and success in building strong brands that have served customers worldwide in continuously-evolving industries. Michel Filzi is an experienced leader, and I am confident he will do an excellent job as the new head of Reed MIDEM.”
Paul Zilk commented: “I am immensely proud of Reed MIDEM. We have a talented multicultural team and many wonderful partners and clients. The past 19 years have been terrific, but this is the right time to refocus my interests and energies. Following lots of preparation in recent months, I look forward to helping Michel with our transition.”
Michel Filzi noted, “Reed MIDEM has always been an innovative organiser of leading, premium quality international events for business leaders. With Paul’s support, I am really looking forward to working with the outstanding Reed MIDEM team to create new opportunities to deliver exceptional value for our customers.”
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 69 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Han Ji-hyun stars in the popular k-drama ‘The Penthouse 3: War in Life’ 63 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- Firstlight Media names Jim Vinh to lead Asia-Pacific sales 61 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- NBC Olympics selects its audio consoles provider for production of Olympic Games in Tokyo 52 views | posted on June 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020