Rainmaker Content confirms global deals for comedy series ‘Staged’ starring Martin Sheen and David Tennant
Rainmaker Content, the recently launched international distributor specialising in drama, factual and special event programming, has confirmed global sales for Staged to Hulu (SVOD in the US), Shout! Studios (Home Entertainment and TV in North America), Netflix UK secondary rights, ABC in Australia for TV, and to Huanxi Media Group for all rights in China.
Critically acclaimed, lockdown comedy series created by Simon Evans and Phin Glynn and written and directed by Simon Evans starring Michael Sheen and David Tennant, Staged (6 x 22’) debuted on BBC One in June.
Absurd and humorous in equal measure, Staged takes on the challenges of creating a drama in lockdown, on stage and off, and stars Michael Sheen (Good Omens, Masters of Sex) and David Tennant (Good Omens, Doctor Who), with a line-up that includes Georgia Tennant, Anna Lundberg, and Lucy Eaton as well as eminent surprise guest stars. Staged is an Infinity Hill and GCB Films Production.
Rainmaker Content co-founder Graham Begg, comments: “Staged was a breath of fresh comedy air when it landed in the UK during lockdown. The obvious warm relationships enjoyed by all the actors involved coupled with the deft writing and direction make for a light-hearted, humorous series that speaks to our time. We are very pleased to announce these first global sales with more to come.”
Producer and co-creator Phin Glynn added, “Rainmaker has done such a superb job and we are over the moon that Staged is now to be shared with international audiences. With over 20 million viewers and followers in the UK to date, we are sure it will find enthusiastic audiences wherever it goes”.
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 74 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 56 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 55 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 40 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020