Nicola Shindler to launch new scripted label within ITV Studios
Multi-award-winning and acclaimed producer Nicola Shindler OBE is to launch a new scripted label within ITV Studios. Based in Manchester, the new label will see her develop and produce premium drama for the UK and international market.
Shindler will join ITV Studios and launch her new label in 2021.
Shindler is one of the UK’s leading drama executive producers and renowned for her creative relationships with talent which has led to a hugely impressive body of work, including Happy Valley, Last Tango in Halifax and Years and Years for the BBC; the ground-breaking Queer As Folk, Cucumber and the upcoming Boys for Channel 4; Butterfly and five series of Scott and Bailey for ITV and the recent Netflix Original, Harlan Coben’s The Stranger.
During her career, Nicola has worked with outstanding writers including Russell T Davies; Sally Wainwright; Danny Brocklehurst; Sue Perkins; Sarah Solemani; Lenny Henry; Tony Marchant, and Paul Abbott on series featuring leading stars including Sarah Lancashire; Keeley Hawes, Suranne Jones; Lenny Henry; Michael C Hall; James Norton, Chloe Sevigny; Anne Reid and Derek Jacobi.
Shindler first rose to prominence when working for the then Granada Television as script editor on the ITV drama series Cracker and won her first BAFTA Award as a producer on Hillsborough for ITV, a dramatized account of the 1989 football stadium disaster.
Winner of 7 BAFTA Awards, including 2019’s Special BAFTA, and awarded an OBE for her services to British Broadcasting, Shindler’s credits also include the first drama on BBC3 Burn It, Danny and the Human Zoo for the BBC, The Five for Sky, and Safe for Netflix.
Julian Bellamy, MD ITV Studios, said: “Nicola is one of Britain’s most talented and prolific drama producers. She’s been behind some of the UK’s best, most memorable dramas from Queer As Folk to Happy Valley and I’m delighted that Nicola will be starting a new drama venture with ITV Studios. I’m looking forward to, with Nicola, sharing more details about her new label next year when she joins”
International distribution for Shindler’s new label will be handled by ITV Studios.
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 1.1k views | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 362 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Bilibili presents China’s first virtual idol musical fantasy film ‘Vox Ultima’ 65 views | posted on January 15, 2021
- Passion Distribution announces Producers Programming Brief initiative 35 views | posted on January 13, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021