FILMART Online attracts 7,000 international buyers
Organised by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC), the Hong Kong International Film & TV Market (FILMART Online) concluded successfully on 29 August. The four-day virtual content marketplace, where some 2,100 film and television productions were released and promoted, attracted nearly 7,000 international buyers from 73 countries and regions. More than 2,000 online business-matching meetings were arranged, illustrating strong demand for entertainment content globally and confidence in the prospects for the industry.
More than 20 fringe events facilitate exchange
A total of 22 fringe events took place as part of FILMART Online, drawing more than 35,000 views in total. Among these events, six online conferences addressed the latest industry developments in areas such as streaming platforms and technologies for developing interactive entertainment content. Representatives from Japan, France, the Philippines, Finland, and Taiwan introduced their quality productions and detailed local measures introduced in support of entertainment projects.
Multifunctional online platform continues until late September
Various functions of the FILMART Online platform will remain available until 30 September. Up to and including that date, exhibitors can continue to promote their productions and connect with buyers through the multifunctional online platform, while buyers can search for projects and enjoy online screenings, as well as viewing footage from the online conferences and seminars held as part of the event.
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 42 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 41 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 40 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 39 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020