Leading kids’ entertainment specialist CAKE has announced a number of deals in Asia with key partners for its animated series.
Deals finalised by CAKE’s Sales Manager Julien Farçat include partnering with SVOD platform Hunan Mango TV in China on the second series of Pablo, Paper Owl’s BAFTA-nominated series about autism, and Mush-Mush and the Mushables produced by La Cabane and Thuristar in coproduction with Cake.
In Indonesia, 31 compilation episodes of Angry Birds and non-dialogue series Oscar’s Oasis were acquired by distributor Red Candle for broadcast on ANTV and both series of Space Racers and Ready Jet Go! have been sold to DAAITV.
Deals for Angry Birds were also signed in the Philippines with GMA which included brand new series Angry Birds Maker Space and with Muse in Taiwan, who also acquired Oscar’s Oasis.
In Thailand, True Visions have licensed second seasons of Pablo and preschool CBeebies hit Olobob Top, as well as Anima’s Netflix original Legend Quest.
TeamTO’s non-dialogue slapstick comedy series Mighty Mike was sold to TOEI in Japan for broadcast on TBS.
Ed Galton, CCO & Managing Director at CAKE said, “We are delighted to see how well our content is travelling in Asia. As well as working with our long-term partners, we have been excited by new partnerships in the region and look forward to further collaborations in the future.”
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 251 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 80 views | posted on July 22, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 78 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- BBC World News relaunches flagship programme ‘Newsday’ 73 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021