Leading kids’ entertainment specialist CAKE has announced a number of deals in Asia with key partners for its animated series.
Deals finalised by CAKE’s Sales Manager Julien Farçat include partnering with SVOD platform Hunan Mango TV in China on the second series of Pablo, Paper Owl’s BAFTA-nominated series about autism, and Mush-Mush and the Mushables produced by La Cabane and Thuristar in coproduction with Cake.
In Indonesia, 31 compilation episodes of Angry Birds and non-dialogue series Oscar’s Oasis were acquired by distributor Red Candle for broadcast on ANTV and both series of Space Racers and Ready Jet Go! have been sold to DAAITV.
Deals for Angry Birds were also signed in the Philippines with GMA which included brand new series Angry Birds Maker Space and with Muse in Taiwan, who also acquired Oscar’s Oasis.
In Thailand, True Visions have licensed second seasons of Pablo and preschool CBeebies hit Olobob Top, as well as Anima’s Netflix original Legend Quest.
TeamTO’s non-dialogue slapstick comedy series Mighty Mike was sold to TOEI in Japan for broadcast on TBS.
Ed Galton, CCO & Managing Director at CAKE said, “We are delighted to see how well our content is travelling in Asia. As well as working with our long-term partners, we have been excited by new partnerships in the region and look forward to further collaborations in the future.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 104 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches KIX on MultiChoice’s DStv in Africa 42 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Singaporean Tyen Rasif wins ‘Asian Dream’ 33 views | posted on September 23, 2020
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 31 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020