beIN SPORTS acquires second season of ‘Karate Combat’ across 37 countries
beIN SPORTS, the global sports broadcaster, has acquired the rights to the second season of Karate Combat – the world’s first professional, full-contact karate league – in a 37-market deal which spans five continents and includes the United States, with 12 episodes airing weekly.
beIN SPORTS will broadcast weekly episodes of Karate Combat in North America, the Middle East and North Africa, Turkey, and in Asia including Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, East Timor, Hong Kong, and Australia.
Karate Combat’s diverse fighter roster features more than 150 men and women from over 40 countries competing in the league’s patented pit and is the first sports league to blend real-time virtual effects with world-class athletics.
The first season captured thrilling fights in well-known locations including the top floor of One World Trade Center. The second season will raise the bar by blending real-world fights with eye-catching special effects, transporting fans into virtual worlds. Season two features bouts in four virtual worlds rendered real-time using Unreal Engine, the video game engine behind Fortnite.
The fights are hosted by combat sports legend Bas Rutten with special guests ranging from Hollywood celebrities to NFL athletes.
“Necessity is the mother of invention, and our second season of Karate Combat is one step ahead of the game. Forget virtual fans and fight islands,” said Rob Bryan, CEO of Karate Combat. “We are rebuilding sports from the ground up to give fans something wildly entertaining. beIN SPORTS will bring our full contact action to the world.”
The 12-episode season of Karate Combat will premiere in the U.S. and Canada on September 24 at 10 p.m. EST / 7 p.m. PST on beIN SPORTS XTRA, the network’s free, 24/7 English-language LIVE sports, news, analysis, and highlights channel.
Karate Combat will air weekly on Thursdays at 10:00 p.m. EST / 7:00 p.m. PST on beIN SPORTS XTRA with an encore presentation on Saturdays at 11:00 p.m. EST / 8:00 p.m. PST on beIN SPORTS.
beIN SPORTS is part of beIN MEDIA GROUP, the leading sports, media, and entertainment group. beIN SPORTS holds the single largest portfolio of sports rights of any global broadcaster, operating across 5 continents, 43 countries, in 9 different languages, and with over 55 million subscribers worldwide. As well as being one of the most valued international partners of the IOC, UEFA, FIFA, the English Premier League, LaLiga, the NBA, Wimbledon, USTA, and WTA, beIN SPORTS is the official broadcaster of the FIFA World Cup 2022 in the Middle East & North Africa.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 341 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 80 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 69 views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 52 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020