BBC Studios ‘One of Us’ to receive an Indian version
BBC Studios has announced that they will be producing a new Indian adaptation of hit drama series One of Us.
The breakout thriller of 2017 is set to be adapted as a Hotstar Telugu special by BBC Studios India – marking the organisation’s debut into the regional scripted market in India. BBC dramas have been consistently raising the quality bar for the Indian audience with shows like Criminal Justice, Out of Love, The Office, as well as being incredibly well received by the local audience.
One of Us centres on the mysterious murders of childhood sweethearts Adam Elliot and Grace Douglas, who are found dead in their home soon after their honeymoon. The two families are then forced to contend with their grief, as they search for answers and unearth consequences that hang over all of them, bringing ideas of honesty, loyalty, and family into question. The four-part series was originally written by Harry and Jack Williams, the writing duo behind critically acclaimed British drama The Missing. One of Us received the highest number of nominations historically for any television production at the 2017 Scottish Royal Television Society Awards.
Sameer Gogate, Business Head of Production, India, BBC Studios said: “Hotstar is known for its focus on premium dramas and we are delighted to work with them again to deliver another high-end thriller. The great thing about adaptations is their world-wide appeal that transverse everything from cultures, to boundaries, and languages – and yet stay true to the essence of the story. We are very proud to be able to present One of Us to the Telugu audience. This marks our debut into the regional scripted market and what better way to launch than with this premium drama as a Hotstar Telugu special.”
BBC Studios in India has previously produced adaptations of enduring British formats such as Dancing with the Stars, Tonight’ s The Night, The Office, Out of Love (Doctor Foster) and Criminal Justice.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 50 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Tata Sky partners with Accedo to develop the user interface of its Smart Set-top box – Tata Sky Binge+ 42 views | posted on September 14, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 39 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 28 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020