Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+
Viddsee announced its content partnership with RCTI+, the online streaming service owned by Indonesia’s MNC Group. Under this partnership, RCTI+ will make available 100 short films curated by Viddsee on its platform, comprising 93 films made by Indonesian filmmakers and seven Viddsee Original films.
The films will be available to viewers in scheduled phases, with 25 films made available in the first phase. They span multiple genres of drama, comedy, horror, thrillers, and romance that will appeal to the general audience, and provide an opportunity for local audiences to appreciate the country’s talented field of independent filmmakers.
Among the notable films in the list are Errorist of Seasons by Rein Maychaelson, a dramedy that won the Viddsee Juree Awards 2018; #Blessed by Candra Aditya, a drama about the pitfalls of social media; and Becoming Girl by Sarah Adilah, a coming-of-age story that won Best Short Fiction Film in UCIFEST 2019.
The Viddsee Original films include the romantic comedy Oldies Buddies by Rein Maychaelson, as well as films from Viddsee’s anthology series Scene City such as Light by Bedside by JD Chua; As Written, by award-winning animators Henry and Harry Zhuang; and Cash Only by Michael Tay, which was an official selection of festivals around the world, including FILMETS Badalona Film Festival and CineKasimanwa: Western Visayas Film Festival.
Valencia Tanoesoedibjo, Managing Director RCTI+ said, “As one of Indonesia’s major AVOD streaming services, we are constantly looking for new ways to engage with our audience who appreciate stories from Indonesia and beyond. We see Viddsee as an ideal partner that not only brings quality short films to our streaming service but also spotlights the diversity and talent of our homegrown filmmakers.”
Derek Tan of Viddsee added: “The partnership with RCTI+ is one that fits with our mission of empowering storytellers. By providing independent filmmakers another avenue that reaches millions across Indonesia, we hope this partnership will further expand commercial opportunities and audience growth for their authentic and hyperlocal stories. We hope to continue inspiring filmmakers to pursue their passion and craft, as well as increase the public’s appreciation and awareness for local short films.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 98 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches KIX on MultiChoice’s DStv in Africa 37 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Singaporean Tyen Rasif wins ‘Asian Dream’ 29 views | posted on September 23, 2020
- Blue Ant Media promotes Jamie Schouela to President, Global Channels and Media; Carlyn Staudt to Global General Manager, Love Nature 26 views | posted on September 24, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020