A lifetime of deliciously addictive movies exclusive to Foxtel
Foxtel announced it is expanding its already extensive movie offering launching the iconic LMN® – Lifetime Movie Network from global media company A+E Networks®; exclusive to Foxtel subscribers from 1 September 2020 and adding a slew of new movies to its on-demand library.
LMN is an entertainment destination for women, featuring inspired made for television movie programming. LMN films tell both fictional and real-life stories steeped in drama and shining a light on women facing unbelievable challenges.
The new high-definition channel will be added at no extra cost to customers of the Foxtel Movies bundle and broadcast 24 hours a day. It will be programmed and managed by Foxtel in Australia and new movies will be added to the on-demand library over the coming months.
LMN bolsters Foxtel’s already must-have movie offering with more than 1000 movies-on-demand including the biggest and recent blockbusters and all-time greats.
Brian Walsh, Executive Director of Television, Foxtel said, “For more than 20 years, Lifetime Movie Network has captured TV audiences in the US by delivering quality made for television movies featuring some of Hollywood’s biggest stars. The movies are a perfect guilty pleasure with captivating stories and outstanding performances. We are delighted to partner with LMN to bring our customers Lifetime’s iconic movie heritage to Australia.”
Tanya Lopez, Executive Vice President, Movies, Limited Series & Original Movie Acquisitions for Lifetime and LMN, said, “We are thrilled to be working with the strength of Foxtel to bring A+E Networks’ Lifetime original movies to a whole new audience throughout Australia. With a legacy of powerful women on both sides of the camera including the best of Hollywood’s A-list talent, our globally successful Lifetime TV movies offer the widest breadth of subjects and storylines that resonate with today’s audiences seeking to indulge.”
Some of the movie headliners showcasing their talents over launch month in September include Catherine Zeta-Jones (Cocaine Godmother: The Griselda Blanco Story), Whoopi Goldberg (A Day Late and a Dollar Short), Hervey Keitel (Fatal Honeymoon), Vivica A. Fox (The Wrong Roommate), John Corbett (The Hunt For Killer 1-5), Lindsay Lohan (Liz & Dick), Shannon Doherty & Mira Sorvino (No One Would Tell) and Denise Richards (Secret Lives of Cheerleaders).
The LMN brand, which launched in the US in 1998 as Lifetime Movie Network, has a strong pedigree of exceptional talent and is the home of some of the grittiest, most thrilling stories to hit the small screen.
The new channel is exclusive to Foxtel from 1 September 2020. More programming details will be announced soon.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 51 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 51 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 47 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Here are seven new Korean titles from iQIYI to satisfy your K-Drama fix 47 views | posted on January 26, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020