Global Agency acquires international rights to ‘Aleph’
Global Agency today announced that they have acquired the international distribution rights to the Turkish mystic crime series “Aleph”, which delivered a record-high performance on FX and BluTV.
Starring Kenan Imirzalioglu (Ezel), Ahmet Mumtaz Taylan and Melisa Sozen, Aleph is a limited series which premiered on FX Turkey and BluTV. Directed by the award-winning director Emin Alper and produced by MAY Productions, Aleph stands out with its original theme and all-star cast.
‘Aleph’, an 8-part crime series, revolves around two detectives as they investigate a set of murders in Istanbul. The series opens with the discovery of a dead body in the Bosphorus. The plot follows a young police detective named Kemal (Kenan Imirzalioglu) and his veteran partner Settar (Ahmet Mumtaz Taylan), in their pursuit of a serial killer. Yasar (Melisa Sozen), a university lecturer, joins the duo as they explore secret cults and symbols on the way to solving the mystery.
Izzet PINTO, Founder & CEO of Global Agency, said: “Aleph is the first-ever collaboration between FX and BluTV and we are very happy to be partnering with them. It has been generating a large amount of press and fan attention in Turkey. Its premiere on FX delivered 6 times higher viewership than the channel prime time average. Furthermore, BluTV has seen a significant upsurge in its membership subscription during the series premiere. It is a great success. We are very proud to represent such a stunning series.
Yadigar Belbuken, TWDC Turkey Media – VP, Thematic Channels & Content Distribution, said: “Aleph was developed by some of the best creative minds in the business. We’re very fortunate to have premiered the show as our 1st local series on FX in Turkey. We continue to seek new distribution opportunities to broaden the reach of our rapidly growing Turkish content portfolio. Joining forces with Global Agency offers us an opportunity to reach 700+ clients around the world from day one. We’re delighted to take our existing partnership to the next level.”
Deniz Şaşmaz Oflaz, Head of Content & Acquisitions, BluTV, said: “Aleph has become a passion project for BluTV and we believe its story will appeal to audiences around the world. In this regard we value our collaboration with Global Agency.”
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 46 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 37 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- Stone Village, BlackBox Multimedia partner to Adapt Mary Shelley’s ‘Frankenstein’ 32 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- Bilibili announces 33 new Chinese anime titles at ‘Made By Bilibili 2020-2021’ 30 views | posted on November 24, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020