Two of the ABC’s most engaging formats are set to air in the UK. BBC’s Gaelic channel BBC ALBA has completed an agreement for the entertaining and funny format Advice to My 12-Year-Old Self, while the BBC children’s channel CBBC has commissioned Keshet Productions to deliver a kid’s version of the award-winning competition format The Great Bee Challenge, delightfully re-named Show Me The Honey.
A recent finalist in the International Format Awards, The Great Bee Challenge sees four families – some from the city, some from the country – participate in a life-changing experiment. Genuine and uplifting, the series features a host, a leading entomologist, and an urban beekeeping expert. The team guides the families as they compete against one another to build thriving hives that produce delicious honey. All the contestants are keen to do their bit, at a time when bees are under global threat – but they’re also keen to win the challenges.
Obh Obh Productions is producing Advice to My 12-Year-Old Self for BBC ALBA. A multitude of smart and inspiring individuals outline the advice they would give to their 12-year-old selves today in Advice to My 12-Year-Old Self. Prominent politicians, athletes, academics, activists, performers, and artists explain how they use their influence and experience to change the world today for kids all over the world. Intimate and insightful, this series generated strong cross-generational appeal and broad social cut-through – and regardless of age or gender provided learnings for audiences across the board.
ABC Commercial’s Sales Manager for Asia & Worldwide Format Sales, Katherine McMillan, said “We’re tremendously excited to be working with the BBC to bring these wonderful formats to UK audiences. Both shows have a warm feel-good message with strong co-viewing potential, so are perfect for current programming trends.”
In addition to the BBC sale, The Great Bee Challenge format has been optioned in six countries – making it one of the ABC’s most successful competition formats.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 98 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches KIX on MultiChoice’s DStv in Africa 37 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Singaporean Tyen Rasif wins ‘Asian Dream’ 29 views | posted on September 23, 2020
- Blue Ant Media promotes Jamie Schouela to President, Global Channels and Media; Carlyn Staudt to Global General Manager, Love Nature 26 views | posted on September 24, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020