250% growth in 10 months as TechStorm and Omnicontent Management, record Unprecedented Distribution Growth Achievement in Philippines
TechStorm, the region’s fastest-growing multimedia network on Asian Esports, tech innovations; announced yet another milestone achievement with the addition of 20 new leading MSOs and provincial cable systems in the Philippines through its distribution partnership with OMNICONTENT MANAGEMENT, INC. (OMI).
“We are super stoked to announce yet another incredible milestone achievement in the Philippines. Kudos to the amazing level of professionalism, dedication, and in-depth domain expertise demonstrated by our esteemed partner OMI. To date we have a total of 28 leading provincial cable system partners, marking 10 months of accelerated, unprecedented 250 percent distribution growth in the country. This is a huge testimony to the insatiable content and entertainment demand of TechStorm’s unique value proposition that truly connects the Filipino audience with Esports, gaming, innovation stories that are best-in-class,” says Debbie Lee, Founder & CEO of TechStorm.
OMI’s spokesperson elaborates, “TechStorm is one of the region’s top-notch premium entertainment brands that is fast gaining popularity across Asia including the Philippines. Our beloved Filipino families favour TV over other media choices according to local media research sources, it is reported that Filipinos spend an average of more than three hours per day on the TV screen. We are extremely bullish about TechStorm’s unique, unduplicated 360 entertainment offer that has already brought so much of delight and premium infotainment value to our local communities on hot topics like Esports, exhilarating world of innovations and real-life movers and shakers in the billion-making startup space.”
Lee continues, “In July, viewers can look forward to indulging in exclusive real-life gamer series Gamerz, Asian original content features on one of Philippines’ top gaming celebrities Alodia Gosengfiao in Storm Bytes, to picking up on startup tips from American billionaire venture capitalist Timothy Draper in Startup U on Tuesdays at 10:00 p.m.; and, TechStorm is also premiering The Customer is Always Right, a reality series nominated for the Broadcast Awards 2020 – Best Daytime Programme, first and exclusive on the channel, every Wednesday and Thursday at 10:00 p.m. In each episode, entrepreneurs put their products and inventions to the test as customers unbox and evaluate them to determine the winner.
TechStorm reaches more than 37 million viewers in Asia and is currently distributed across 25 million mobile OTT subscribers and more than 3.3 million subscriber households. TechStorm is available on Dialog TV Channel 62 in Sri Lanka, StarHub Channel 420 in Singapore, First Media Channel 333, Telkomsel’s MAXstream and Genflix OTT in Indonesia, Sky Cable Channel 212, Cignal Play OTT, SingMeng Telemedia Channel 251 in Cambodia and via OMI across 28 leading MSOs and provincial cable systems in the Philippines.
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 57 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 40 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 36 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Hotstar launches in Singapore with exclusive streaming of the Dream11 IPL 2020 Playoffs and Final 32 views | posted on October 20, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020