NTV Channel will take part in two Chinese forums – the Shanghai International Film Festival (25 July 25 – 5 August) and MIP China 2020 (28 July – 31 July.) At both events, NTV will present its key projects, including shows like Wolf Trap and Noble Detective along with a hit format Secret for a Million. The channel is also planning to hold a presentation of a dramedy series Reluctant Hero for MIP China exclusively.
To recap, the crime series Wolf Trap premiered on 30 March during the prestigious international program MIPTV Drama Buyers Summit as the only Russian project selected by the committee. Wolf Trap and Noble Detective were also screened in July at the Key Buyers Event: Digital edition, the international online market of Russian media content.
Secret for a Million is NTV’s weekly provocative show where famous actors, musicians, and politicians sell their secrets for a cash award. Many times the show topped its slot and became the best broadcasting event on the channel. It is the number one weekend entertainment show in Russia. The project has over 200 million views on the Internet. In 2020, the format was optioned by Azerbaijani ARB TV channel, with the adaptation to be aired this fall. By 2021, the show will air in three countries.
NTV channel is not only a competitive distributor of the Russian TV content on the international market but is also interested in purchasing foreign content, including Asian TV products that have already performed successfully on air. This spring, the first season of the Korean show The King of Mask Singer (Russian version) premiered on NTV. The adaptation of this hit format was the key broadcast event of 2020 (share of the season finale reached 28.5 percent with 10.7 percent TVR). The King of Mask Singer was named the best entertaining program on Russian television since early 2017 and the best musical show in the last seven years. NTV has also purchased hit Asian series formats like Innocent Defendant, Hidden Identity, and Strangers.
For almost 27 years, NTV has consistently been among the top 3 Russian TV broadcasters. With a library of over 25,500 hours, with 8,500 hours among them being action-packed TV shows, it is one of Russia’s biggest content producers. Today the channel offers a wide variety of content including news and political talk shows, entertaining and educational programs, documentaries and socially-meaningful projects, action-packed movies, and shows. NTV channel is the biggest action-packed content producer, in demand in Russia and abroad. The channel’s shows are available in 190 countries on the biggest global streaming services, in catalogues of international distributors and on various digital platforms including Netflix, BiliBili, and Amazon Prime.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 80 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 43 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 42 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020