Nippon TV’s hit smartphone game, ‘HunterxHunter’ expands to Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau
Nippon Television Network Corporation (Nippon TV), Japan’s leading multi-platform entertainment powerhouse, is proud to announce that the company has expanded the territories of its hit smartphone game arising from the highly popular animation IP HunterxHunter. The game is developed by Lantu Games and had been released in China on Tencent Platform to overwhelming success in December 2019. Answering to the many requests for its release from fans in Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau, the game was officially published today by MoreFun Game in the regions. With over 800,000 pre-registered players to date, the game is already attracting high attention.
HunterxHunter is originally a manga written by Yoshihiro Togashi on Weekly Jump, a weekly manga magazine with over 50 years of success in the competitive industry. Nippon TV created the animation version that started airing in 2011 to immediate success in Japan and was also sold to almost 200 territories globally.
HunterxHunter continues to be a very popular IP, and its business has expanded from the original manga to animation and feature film (created, aired/streamed and distributed by Nippon TV, which is a member of the Production Committee), to many other fruitful businesses that span from multiple successful merchandise realizations to even cafes, and now digital games.
“After the global success of the animation series and a hit game enjoyed by anime and game fans on China’s Tencent platform, we immediately started talks on expanding the HUNTER x HUNTER smartphone game to other territories,” commented Mr. Sho Shimada, Sales, and Licensing, International Business Development for Nippon TV.
“We were able to work with an enthusiastic publisher and are happy to release this in such a short time. The game took several years to develop, and we are confident that it will bring much fun and excitement to fans in Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau. We are also in the developing stages of other games based on the exciting story of HUNTER × HUNTER and are strategizing to further strengthen this magnificent IP,” added Shimada.
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 132 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards 115 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Anchor-turned-actor Ivan Tai cast in RTM miniseries ‘A.I in Love’ with Janna Nick and Dini Shcatzmann 105 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- ‘The Witch of Kings Cross’ to be released worldwide on Amazon, iTunes, Vimeo, and GooglePlay on 9 February 77 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020