Jack Neo is in search for the next multi-talented star in ‘Show Off Show’
Singaporean actor, host, director, and CEO of Asia Momentum Media Jack Neo announced on 15 July the launch of his first-ever virtual talent show, Show Off Show.
In a virtual press conference hosted by actress Irene Ang, Show Off Show is a virtual talent search that puts the spotlight on multi-talented individuals who aren’t just passionate about singing, acting, hosting, dancing, but can create engaging content as well. On top of this, contestants can show off their talent through an interactive entertainment platform.
Jack, who is passionate about grooming new talents to kickstart their career in the ever-changing entertainment landscape, said, “I am excited to start this virtual journey with my team in search of the next big star. The show will provide a new space for every passionate and talented individual from Singapore and Malaysia to showcase their talent and versatility to a wider pool of audiences across boundaries.”
Jack also believes that the virtual world has no barriers, and live content will be the key to connecting and bringing new forms of entertainment to audiences. Believing that there is still room for growth and exploration, Jack hopes to take the trend to new heights with the talents scouted from the search.
The reality-based live show consists of a 10-week programme where contestants will be taking on tasks posted by the host, as well as renowned judges during weekly live streams. Selected contestants can also get to attend a masterclass conducted by veteran actors and digital entertainment experts to gain more knowledge, skills, and insights to the digital entertainment world.
Show Off Show will be judged by Jack Neo, Michiyo, Irene Ang, and Amber Chia for the Chinese category, while Dee Kosh, Melissa Thng, Kumar, and Tosh Zhang will judge the show’s English category.
In conjunction with Show Off Show, Asia Momentum Media will also be launching a live entertainment app in the future that brings the interactivity of the live shows together.
Hosted by Ben Logan, Wang Lei, Noah Yap, and Gumit Singh, the search will be held for both English and Mandarin-speaking individuals. Show Off Show will be judged by Jack Neo, Michiyo, Irene Ang, and Amber Chia for the Chinese category, while Dee Kosh, Melissa Thng, Kumar, and Tosh Zhang will judge the show’s English category.
Registration and submission of entries are ongoing until 2 August 2020. For more information, visit https://sos.amm.tv/.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 50 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 46 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 46 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 46 views | posted on January 25, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020