Embrace the Churail in you with Zindagi’s Brand New Show “Churails” on ZEE5 Global
She who takes ownership of her life and is unapologetic of her being. She who breaks the glass ceiling and every prejudice that society has created against women. She who is strong, she who is fierce, she stands for what she believes in… she is a ‘CHURAIL’.
ZEE5 Global announces the launch of the first Zindagi original, Churails streaming from 11th August onwards. The show aims to challenge the hypocrisy of patriarchal societies that vanquish women and their rights.
Directed by critically-acclaimed filmmaker, Asim Abbasi, Churails brings together a talented cast led by Sarwat Gilani Mirza, Nimra Bucha, Mehar Bano, and Yasra Rizvi for this power-packed narrative.
Churails narrates the story of four self-proclaimed Churails who come together to open a covert detective agency to expose cheating husbands amongst the city’s elite. As their operations expand, they come to be saviours of abused, harassed, and mistreated women. The gripping and fast-paced storyline covers myriad issues such as child abuse, sexism, the domination of class and race.
Director Asim Abbasi says, “Zindagi’s commitment to truly original content that has a voice and can transcend borders, has provided me with the perfect platform to create a show like Churails. A story about strong women, embarking on a journey of self-discovery, empowerment, and sisterhood, I believe Churails is a timely show with pertinent themes that will resonate with audiences globally.”
Zindagi, launched earlier in India had built a legacy of for itself for presenting stories that are strong, powerful yet relatable. Now launched on ZEE5 Global, the largest streaming platform for South Asians across the globe, the brand’s first original series promises to take this legacy forward. The show comes with a larger purpose of encouraging dialogue on the stigmas associated with strong and empowered women.
“Shows on Zindagi have always been unconventional, real and impactful, I am excited for the audiences’ reaction to the show. There is an increasing need for women’s voices to be heard, and not stereotype fierce women for their strength, or patronize them for their insecurities. Churails is bold, vulnerable, and empowering all at the same time. We couldn’t be more proud of Churails being Zindagi’s first original offering and streaming on a global platform like ZEE5”, signs off Shailja Kejriwal, Chief Creative Officer – Special Projects, Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd.
Archana Anand, Chief Business Officer, ZEE5 Global said, “As a global platform, ZEE5 brings together a massive curation of unique and relatable stories, stories that resonate with audiences, all onto a single global platform. We’re very happy to offer the premium content from Zindagi now on our platform to add even further to this bouquet. As the first Original from Zindagi to go live soon on ZEE5 Global, we are confident that Churails will be a huge success and strike a deep chord with our viewers across markets”.
With over 1,00,000 hours of Indian TV Shows, Movies, News and Videos, ZEE5 offers the largest bouquet of content across 18 languages to South Asian audiences across the globe. ZEE5 also offers 60+ popular Live TV channels, including ZEE’s best-loved channels. ZEE5 is available on Google Play Store, iOS App Store, www.ZEE5.com as well as on Samsung Smart TVs, Apple TV, Android TVs, Roku devices, and Amazon Fire TV.
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 84 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- 5 Asian romance dramas on iQiyi that will make you love ‘love’ again 55 views | posted on July 26, 2021
- The Q announces a lineup of new-age comedy series 53 views | posted on July 29, 2021
- ShemarooMe expands worldwide reach on connected televisions via partnership with ZEASN 51 views | posted on July 29, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021