Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Now in its 25th year, the Asian Television Awards, known for valuing remarkable talents in media and entertainment in the region, will be celebrating its silver milestone with a three-day Awards Festival in Phnom Penh, Cambodia from 15 to 17 January 2021. It will be the first time that the awards will be hosted in the country. The venue will be announced at a later date.
Considered as Asia Pacific’s most celebrated and prestigious gathering of TV industry professionals, the Awards have recognized hundreds of actors, directors, producers, hosts, and presenters, alongside Asian programs and TV networks since its founding in 1996.
The Awards Festival will kick-off with the Technical and Programming Categories (35 awards) on Day 1, appreciating talents behind the scenes and program categories covering news, documentaries, sports, general entertainment, animation, and kids content. Day 2, the main event, will award Entertainment and Performance contributions (16 awards). It will be televised live to 500 million homes across a network of regional broadcasters along with the airing of the public concert on Day 3.
The shows will be produced in partnership with Bayon TV. The shows will also be available live on the official Facebook page of the Asian Television Awards. The Awards receives numerous entries from more than 100 broadcasters across India, China, Mongolia, Sri Lanka, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Singapore, Korea, Japan, and Kazakstan. Each year, more than 300 international delegates—acclaimed filmmakers and TV program producers, actors and TV hosts and presenters, directors, and other industry bigwigs grace the three-day event.
Lee Keen Whye, Chairman of the Asian Television Awards, says, “These are decision-makers who can influence what to film when to film and where to film. It is an opportunity for them to make content about or engage talents from the host country and therefore generates publicity about arts and culture, tourist destinations, and even business opportunities.”
Alan Eucharis Choo, Group CEO of Wonder Paradise, says, “As the strategic partner to the Asian Television Awards, we are honored to be co-producing the upcoming Awards led by our Cambodian office. Due to Covid-19, we have set up contingency plans for the event to be run digitally, and are confident that the quality of production will be as good as being in person. As a regional digital media and event organization, we will ensure that the viewers at home will be able to celebrate the best of Asian content along with the nominees, participants, and talents.”
Whilst preparations are ongoing to hold the Awards, we are conscious of the impact of COVID-19 and safety measures including social distancing have been taken into consideration. In the event that international travel has not resumed by January 2021, the Awards will be held virtually but still in the three-day format and our regional audience of 500 million across the Asia Pacific will be able to continue to watch and enjoy the proceedings through their favorite broadcast channels and Facebook as before.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 181 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 166 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 145 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 105 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021