LGI Media (formerly Looking Glass International) the Australian based distribution company specializing in factual programming has sold over 500 hours of programming to China, Hong Kong, and Vietnam.
The deals brokered through LGI Media’s Beijing office by Karen Lee, Head of Sales – Asia, includes a package deal of over 397 hours to YuanLai Education an educational program broadcaster based in Wuhan, China. The package includes a variety of programs from LGI’s catalogue including Coded World (4 x 60’), Horses (1 x 60’), and VR 101 (8 x 30’).
VR101 is a highly entertaining factual series that will take viewers on the exciting journey of VR and how it will change the way we live, work, and play. The series looks at how VR is applied across different fields such as TV and film, security/public safety, gaming, and medicine. Expert interviews, eye-catching graphics, and informative VR content showcase this amazing technology.
Further deals include Beijing based OTT & VOD operator Bytedance China, owners of the world’s leading short-form video platform TikTok acquiring 168.5 hours of programming for their network’s new documentary slot. Programs include reality series Spiky Gold Hunters (6 x 60’) which reveals one of New Zealand’s most dangerous jobs and gets a unique insight into the sub-culture of sea urchin fishermen and The Wine Guys: Grape Escapes (6 x 30’). In addition, Hong Kong-based broadcaster PCCW has picked up LGI Media’s 4K program Yohji Yamamoto: Rebel in Black (1 x 60’) for their SVOD platform.
Rounding out the sales in Asia are licenses to pay-TV channel SCTV Vietnam based in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. The deal for 55 hours of programming includes Torror! (6 x 60’), Counts – the Origins of Catalonia (4 x 30’), Masai Mara: The Big Hunt (1 x 60’), and The Whole Truth About Lying (1 x 60’).
Commenting on the deals Karen Lee, Head of Sales – Asia said, “With the global pandemic challenging our industry it’s reassuring that the market in Asia continues to grow (with these sales). Broadcasters are seeking out international co-productions to ensure a balance is met between locally produced content and in-house productions with international acquisitions. These great factual deals in China, Hong Kong, and Vietnam – a fast-evolving and exciting market has struck a chord with Asian audiences”.
- AXN Asia launches its first-ever crime thriller podcast ‘Fey Hollow: The Fairy Tale Murders’ 58 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 53 views | posted on June 18, 2021
- Keshet International completes sales for ‘Line In The Sand’ 42 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- Vizrt offers cloud solutions for Thailand storytellers through partnership with AIS Business and VMware 39 views | posted on June 17, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020