John Casey appointed President and Managing director of CNBC International
CNBC, First in Business Worldwide, today announced John Casey has been appointed President & Managing Director, CNBC International, effective immediately. In this role, he will oversee CNBC International’s business operations across Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa and continue to be based in London. He will report to Satpal Brainch, President of CNBC Business News Worldwide and join CNBC’s executive leadership team.
He replaces KC Sullivan, who is moving to NBCUniversal to lead a new advertising and partnerships division as President & Managing Director of Global Advertising & Partnerships.
Casey steps into the role during a time of significant growth for CNBC International, which has remained the number one Business and Financial News brand in Europe and the Asia Pacific region among affluent individuals, growing its audience across all platforms.
“For more than 25 years, John has lived and breathed CNBC’s international programming in both Singapore and London,” said CNBC Chairman Mark Hoffman. “Not only has he made significant inroads in the expansion of our daily editorial coverage, but he has done a tremendous job of growing CNBC’s presence through the relationships he has built with key partners. I cannot think of anyone better positioned to take the helm of our international business and steer it into the future.”
“Having spent most of my working life at CNBC, it’s a real honor to have the opportunity to lead this great organization internationally” said John Casey, President and Managing Director, CNBC International. “As other networks have pulled back, CNBC has always been fearless in our pursuit to tell the global business story. I look forward to the opportunity to further enhance our leadership position around the world.”
A highly-respected veteran journalist, Casey has been with CNBC for more than 25 years, joining as a News Assistant and moving up through the ranks over the years. Most recently, he served as Senior Vice President of International News and Programming, where he built world-class editorial and production team, grew CNBC International’s audience across all platforms spanning TV, digital, social and live events, and oversaw a network of local language CNBC affiliates including in India, Japan, South Africa, South Korea, and Dubai.
Previously, Casey was the Head of News & Programming based in Singapore, responsible for leading CNBC Asia through a new programming lineup and integrating two new partnerships (SBS-CNBC in Korea, & CCTV2 in China). Prior to that, he served as Deputy Head of News for CNBC Europe based in London. Casey was also the creator and Executive Producer of “Worldwide Exchange,” the world’s first global live newscast, broadcast simultaneously in Asia, Europe, and the U.S. each business day.
- Here are seven new Korean titles from iQIYI to satisfy your K-Drama fix 69 views | posted on January 26, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 52 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 51 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- ‘Beyblade Burst’ TV series now airing on RTV Indonesia via Animasia Studio 48 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020