GMA News ranked as top online news video publisher in the Philippines
GMA News continues to be the Philippines’ top online news video publisher.
Based on the April 2020 data from social video analytics Tubular Labs, GMA News set an all-time record with 458.8 million video views on Facebook.
Likewise, on YouTube, GMA News posted 200.8 million video views for the said period.
In contrast, ABS-CBN News only managed to register 368 million and 119 million views on Facebook and YouTube, respectively.
GMA News, being the country’s top online news source, clinched the eighth spot in Tubular Labs’ global leaderboard for Overall Creators in the News and Politics content genre. It even bested international outlets such as Fox News (No. 11), Al Jazeera (No. 13), CNN (No. 16), NBC News (No. 24), and BBC News (No. 29).
Meanwhile, GMA News’ flagship program 24 Oras began streaming globally on GMA News’ Facebook page and YouTube channel on May 11. Complementing its wide reach via TV broadcast, 24 Oras has also become the most-viewed local newscast both on Facebook and YouTube.
In addition, GMA News and Public Affairs Digital have also been producing online shows amid the COVID-19 crisis. These include the Need To Know explainer series and Quarantined with Howie Severino, which are available on GMA News’ Facebook and YouTube pages.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 80 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 43 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 43 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020