Eccho Rights completes string of South Korean deals
Eccho Rights has arranged deals for four top international drama series with platforms in South Korea.
Vlad from Romania’s PRO TV and The End from producers Ay Yapim in Turkey, have both been picked up by a new channel specialising in Eurasian content, while Bitter Sweet Life, a Turkish hit from Sürec Film is making its way to a family-focused channel courtesy of Mint Media Group. Completing this latest round of sales in South Korea is Trotsky, the historical drama from Sreda Production Company in Russia which has been acquired by Catch On.
Vlad becomes the first Romanian series ever picked up for broadcast in South Korea, with all three seasons acquired of the slick thriller that has proven a huge hit for PRO TV since its initial launch in February 2019. The third season premiered earlier this year in Romania, once again winning praise from critics and viewers.
The End has enjoyed worldwide success. The first-ever Turkish Drama to air in Western Europe when it sold to Sweden’s SVT in 2013, the series has since sold to broadcasters in over 50 territories as well as Netflix in a global deal.
Bitter Sweet Life is a high school drama series which was a huge ratings success for Star TV in Turkey in 2018. The series will be dubbed into Korean by Mint Media Group, in order to target a broad range of viewers and ages on the family platform.
Trotsky is a sensational period drama, depicting the life and demise of Leon Trotsky, the revolutionary who ended his life on the run from his former ally Stalin. The series is the first Russian title acquired by Catch On as the platform continues to broaden its international offering.
“South Korea is known globally as a great source country for drama series, but there is also a thirst for broadcasters to import new international content to the country. We have seen that interest in Turkish Drama continues to grow and there is now an increasing demand for even greater diversity – something we are delighted to be able to offer in the form of high-quality series from previously untapped countries such as Vlad from Romania and Trotsky from Russia,” says Deborah Youn, Head of Asia Business at Eccho Rights.
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 119 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Jungle Cruise’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 30 July 75 views | posted on July 30, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 65 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- Tata Sky Binge delivers aggregation across 11 streaming apps, powered by ThinkAnalytics 58 views | posted on July 30, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021