IPTV subscriptions to grow at 21.9% CAGR in New Zealand with increasing adoption of broadband services, says GlobalData
The total Internet Protocol television (IPTV) subscriptions in New Zealand is expected to grow at a robust compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 21.9% from 165,900 in 2019 to 447,000 in 2024, driven by the improving broadband penetration in the country which supports delivery of IPTV service, according to GlobalData, a leading data and analytics company.
GlobalData’s New Zealand Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report predicts that the pay-TV household penetration in New Zealand will increase from an estimated 62.2% in 2019 to 71.0% by year-end 2024 primarily led by the rising adoption of IPTV services and multi-play packages with integrated pay-TV access.
Deepa Dhingra, Telecom Analyst at GlobalData, says: “Though direct-to-Home (DTH) is the leading pay-TV technology in New Zealand, by subscription share, the share of IPTV subscriptions in the total pay-TV accounts will continue to grow from 14.8% in 2019 to 31.6% in 2024 due to growing consumer preference for fiber-network-based interactive TV services and relatively low-cost of IPTV packages.
“Growing competition in the pay-TV market and increasing availability of over-the-top (OTT) video alternatives will however weigh down on ARPU levels on the entire segment including IPTV services. While aggregate ARPU from pay-TV services will reach US$38.18 by 2024, IPTV services will yield ARPU of US$14.95 in the same year.”
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 69 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Han Ji-hyun stars in the popular k-drama ‘The Penthouse 3: War in Life’ 63 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- Firstlight Media names Jim Vinh to lead Asia-Pacific sales 61 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- NBC Olympics selects its audio consoles provider for production of Olympic Games in Tokyo 52 views | posted on June 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020