GRB Studios announces the acquisition of two unscripted series
Content studio and global distribution company GRB Studios has acquired two captivating, original unscripted series for international distribution. The two shows, originally produced by general entertainment television network INSP, and distributed by Imagicomm Entertainment, are adventure seriesTurquoise Fever; and the lifestyle show featuring artisans from across the country, Handcrafted America. The announcement was made by Hud Woodle, Executive Vice President, International Distribution of GRB Studios.
Woodle stated: “GRB Studios is thrilled to add Turquoise Fever and Handcrafted America – two great family-friendly series — to our growing portfolio, which already holds over 4,000 hours of diverse programming. Turquoise Fever follows a dynamic family through the trials and tribulations of turquoise mining while Handcrafted America sheds light on the talented work of craftsmen. Audiences around the world are sure to appreciate these fun and entertaining family-friendly shows.”
Jonathan Collins, VP of Digital Media Distribution for Imagicomm Entertainment, had this to say: “We are pleased that through GRB Studios, more viewers around the world will have the opportunity to enjoy these fan-favorite series. Turquoise Fever offers high-adrenaline excitement, and Handcrafted America is educational and informative, and shines a spotlight on some of the most talented artisans across the U.S. There is truly something for everyone in both of these series.”
About the shows:
- 1 season: 7 ep x :60
Just north of Las Vegas a real fortune awaits. The unforgiving Great Basin Desert may not seem like an ideal place to strike it rich, but buried beneath the barren landscape is a treasure worth millions. The challenge is knowing how to find it. For three generations the Otteson family has been unearthing some of the most sought-after turquoise in the world. Turquoise Fever follows the clan as they battle inhospitable conditions and intense dangers from their base of operations in Tonopah, Nevada. From detonating explosives on treacherous slopes to the pressure of meeting the demands of international buyers, every day is a wild adventure and there is always a thin line between failure and success.
- S1-13 ep x:30; 1 ep x :60 [year of production 2016]
- S2-13 ep x :30 [year of production 2017]
- S3-13 ep x :30; 2 ep x :60 [year of production 2018]
Host Jill Wagner (Wipeout, Teen Wolf) travels the country meeting talented artisans who create products the old-fashioned way —with their own two hands. In each episode, viewers go behind the scenes, getting to know gifted craftsmen who, with humor and candor, share their process. From leatherworkers to luthiers, bladesmiths to bootmakers, viewers connect with the artisans, learning about their lives, their heritage, and the motivation for their work.
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 95 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 72 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 64 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- 5 reasons why AXN’s ‘Lincoln Rhyme: Hunt for the Bone Collector’ needs to be on your watchlist 54 views | posted on July 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020