GMA Network’s 25-year franchise renewed prior to expiry
GMA Network, Inc. clarifies the case of its franchise renewal as it has been cited several times recently in light of the current situation of fellow broadcast network, ABS-CBN.
Formerly known as Republic Broadcasting System, Inc., GMA Network obtained its original 25-year franchise through Republic Act No. 7252 or “An Act Granting the Republic Broadcasting System, Inc. a Franchise to Construct, Install, Operate and Maintain Radio and Television Broadcasting Stations in the Philippines.”
The said act was signed into law on March 20, 1992; became effective on May 12, 1992 – fifteen (15) days after its publication in the Official Gazette on April 27, 1992; and as such, was valid until May 12, 2017.
- Australia’s Nine Network, Taiwan’s Chunghwa Telecom set to broadcast Sonar’s eSports sci-fi series – ‘Interface’ 305 views | posted on October 16, 2020
- Star Stable Entertainment partners with animation studio Ferly for short-form series adaptation of ‘Mistfall’ 64 views | posted on October 16, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 54 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment announces its first original production on Thrill – ‘Model Family’ 50 views | posted on October 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020