Beat the Chasers, the newest member of the hugely popular The Chase family, rounded up a fantastic first season in the UK. The game show scored stellar ratings throughout the entire week and continued to outperform in its market share, easily winning the 9pm slot. Beat The Chasers averaged a consolidated 6.4 million viewers and a 25% market share across the week. This places it at a very impressive +68% on ITV’s weekday 9pm slot average volume (3.8 million viewers and a 17.0% market share), and ahead of its share by 8 points.
The biggest audience achieved by the show came on Monday with the launch episode seeing a consolidated audience of 7.1 million viewers. The series proved successful among young viewers too and was watched by an average 16-34 audience of 773k/24.6%, exceeding the channel’s slot average share (14.4%) by 10 points (+71%).
Beat the Chasers is the latest addition to the already extensive The Chase brand, consisting of The Celebrity Chase, The Family Chase and The Chase Kids. The Chase is ITV Studios’ #1 game show, entertaining millions of people across the globe for over 10 years. In Germany, the 6th season launched last week with great ratings.
About Beat the Chasers
For this brand-new quiz show, the five chasers, famous for their appearance in the quiz show The Chase join forces! From an eager audience, we select one contestant after the other. Each contestant goes head-to-head against The Chasers and tries to win a big cash prize. The question is… is it possible to beat the best quizzers in the country – all by yourself?
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 204 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 55 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Korean superstar, Yoo Ah-In of Spackman Entertainment Group’s Associated Company, Spackman Media Group, to star in Netflix’s new Korean original series, ‘Hellbound’ 38 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 37 views | posted on August 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020