BBC Studios appoints new General Manager for Greater China
BBC Studios Asia Pacific EVP, Jon Penn, announced that Ding Ke has been appointed the new SVP & General Manager for Greater China, based in Beijing.
Currently Head of Content Sales & Formats for BBC Studios in mainland China, Ding Ke will be responsible for BBC Studio’s Greater China business, including content distribution, co- productions, format sales and branded services. She replaces Kelvin Yau, who left the company in December, and the appointment will come into effect from 1 June, 2020.
In addition, Phil Hardman who has been Acting GM of Greater China in the intervening months, will take on a broader remit as SVP Commercial Strategy for BBC Studios Asia from 1 June. Phil’s new role will see him lead Asia’s business growth strategy.
Jon Penn, EVP BBC Studios APAC, says: “Ding Ke has been an integral part of the leadership team in China since she joined in 2011, and has been responsible for strong sales growth over the last three years as our Head of Content Sales & Formats. She has forged new partnerships with clients and is an outstanding ambassador for BBC Studios’ Global Distribution business in the region.
“Phil has done an exceptional job leading the Greater China team over the last few months and his new, expanded role will enable us to reap the benefits of his strategic commercial leadership. I’m delighted that we have such strong leaders to help us grow in the territory.”
Ding Ke says: “I am passionate about BBC Studios content and proud to work with such brilliant teams across Beijing, Taipei and Hong Kong, witnessing positive development and rapid change in China’s content market and local platforms over the past nine years.
“I’m looking forward to cooperating with our valued clients, delighting audiences by bringing bold, British, creativity to the market, and helping to realise our partners’ ambitions.”
Although Ding Ke will be the Global Distribution leader for the region, she will work with Julia Nocciolino, SVP Commercial, who leads the Consumer Products business across Asia, and Emma Ong, Head of Business Development for BBC Studios Production, who works with partners in the region to develop commissions and co-productions.
Ding Ke’s appointment completes the business leaders for the BBC Studios APAC region under Jon Penn’s leadership. They are: Fiona Lang, GM for ANZ based in Sydney; Ryan Shiotani, SVP & GM for S&SE Asia based in Singapore; Geo Lee, SVP & GM NE Asia based in Seoul; and now Ding Ke as SVP & GM Greater China based in Beijing.
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 124 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 73 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- iQiyi to simulcast streaming ‘Girls Planet 999’ with Korea on 6 August 55 views | posted on August 5, 2021
- ‘Make a Wish’ from iQiyi’s Sweet On collection becomes a hit with its lovely human-cat couple 50 views | posted on August 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
OnScreenAsia.com is the premier online resource for Asia-Pacific’s television content, film and media technologies news. Find out the latest happenings, issues and opinions from the industry’s movers and shakers and utilize the extensive database to find the information and data you need. Along with the newest headlines, premium subscribers also get access to exclusive video content, interviews and the latest issue of TV ASIA Plus. Connect the dots with OnScreenAsia.com, your direct connection to the region’s ever-expanding media industry.
Registration is closed.