Olympic Channel debuts olympic ceremonies streaming channel
The new 24/7 streaming channel launched on the IOC’s Olympic Channel global media platform on their website and its apps for mobile, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV and the Roku platform.
Who could forget Paralympic archer Antonio Rebello lighting the Barcelona 1992 cauldron with the shot of an arrow, the Queen’s skydiving entrance at the London 2012 Games alongside Agent 007, or the two torchbearers from North and South Korea carrying the torch as one while climbing a massive staircase together at PyeongChang 2018? From Beijing 2008’s dazzling Opening Ceremony highlighted by 2008 drummers in stunning unison to Muhammad Ali’s demonstration of strength over Parkinson’s disease to light the Olympic cauldron at Atlanta 1996, Olympic Opening and Closing Ceremonies have provided a celebration of unity to audiences worldwide and some of the most indelible moments in the history of sports.
The “Olympic Ceremonies Channel” on the Olympic Channel currently features Opening and Closing Ceremonies from the Summer and Winter Games held during the past 30 years including:
Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018
Olympic and Paralympic Games Rio 2016
Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014
Olympic Game London 2012
Olympic Winter Games Vancouver 2010
Olympic Games Beijing 2008
Olympic Winter Games Torino 2006
Olympic Games Athens 2004
Olympic Winter Games Salt Lake City 2002
Olympic Games Sydney 2000
Olympic Winter Games Nagano 1998
Olympic Games Atlanta 1996
Olympic Winter Games Lillehammer 1994
Olympic Games Barcelona 1992
Olympic Winter Games Albertville 1992
Olympic Games Seoul 1988
Olympic Winter Games Calgary 1988
In addition to the “Olympic Ceremonies Channel”, fans are invited to visit the Olympic Channel’s interactive Olympic Games history page for a playful journey through infographics of the history of the Summer and Winter Olympic Games detailing the facts and figures about countries, participation, mascots and medals.
The IOC’s Olympic Channel is an over-the-top (OTT) global media destination where fans can experience the power of sport and the excitement of the Olympic Games all year round. Through inspirational stories, athlete interviews, breaking news, live events, original programming and exclusive behind-the-scenes content, the Olympic Channel provides fans with a dedicated media platform to follow the stories behind the athletes anytime, anywhere.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 53 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 53 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 43 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 41 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020