A+E Networks International announces slate of deals across Latin America
A+E Networks International has signed a slate of deals across Latin America that will increase the company’s presence in the region as well as the impact of its global scripted format business, it was announced today by Helen Jurado, senior Director of Content Sales for Latin America and U.S. Hispanic at the network.
Univision/TVM, the top Hispanic broadcaster across Latin America, purchased four movie titles marking A+E’s first Spanish-language sale of Lifetime TV movies. Univision/TVM aired Grumpy Cat and Finding Mrs. Claus over the 2019 holiday season and will air Menendez: Blood Brothers, and Cocaine Godmother in 2020, as A+E finds continued success with the strength of its movies resonating with a global audience.
A+E International also sold its UnREAL format to Brazilian production unit Floresta Produções. This is A+E’s first scripted format sale in Latin America, speaking to the growth of its format business in the region. UnREAL, a celebration of strong women working in television, became a ratings hit and fueled conversation about gender politics in the U.S. The series was recognized with numerous awards and nominations including a Peabody, an AFI honor as a Television Program of the Year and a Critics’ Choice Award.
UnREAL is a biting “dramedy” format which tells the story of a behind-the-scenes glimpse into the chaos surrounding the production of a TV dating show. On the surface, it is about a young reality producer pushed by her unethical boss to swallow her integrity and do anything it takes to drum up sizzling show content. At its core, it celebrates the idea of a female anti-hero while tackling relevant issues such as gender politics, how women treat each other in the workplace, and the concept of real love.
TV movies set for broadcast on Univision/TVM include:
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 86 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 70 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 58 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia 51 views | posted on July 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020