A+E Networks International announces slate of deals across Latin America
A+E Networks International has signed a slate of deals across Latin America that will increase the company’s presence in the region as well as the impact of its global scripted format business, it was announced today by Helen Jurado, senior Director of Content Sales for Latin America and U.S. Hispanic at the network.
Univision/TVM, the top Hispanic broadcaster across Latin America, purchased four movie titles marking A+E’s first Spanish-language sale of Lifetime TV movies. Univision/TVM aired Grumpy Cat and Finding Mrs. Claus over the 2019 holiday season and will air Menendez: Blood Brothers, and Cocaine Godmother in 2020, as A+E finds continued success with the strength of its movies resonating with a global audience.
A+E International also sold its UnREAL format to Brazilian production unit Floresta Produções. This is A+E’s first scripted format sale in Latin America, speaking to the growth of its format business in the region. UnREAL, a celebration of strong women working in television, became a ratings hit and fueled conversation about gender politics in the U.S. The series was recognized with numerous awards and nominations including a Peabody, an AFI honor as a Television Program of the Year and a Critics’ Choice Award.
UnREAL is a biting “dramedy” format which tells the story of a behind-the-scenes glimpse into the chaos surrounding the production of a TV dating show. On the surface, it is about a young reality producer pushed by her unethical boss to swallow her integrity and do anything it takes to drum up sizzling show content. At its core, it celebrates the idea of a female anti-hero while tackling relevant issues such as gender politics, how women treat each other in the workplace, and the concept of real love.
TV movies set for broadcast on Univision/TVM include:
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 92 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 52 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 36 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020