Boom, the Cardiff-based, award-winning ITV Studios label, has appointed Dave Skinner as its Director of Development to head up its development team and expanding multi-genre slate.
Boom’s network focus is on factual and popular factual, with its credits including Sam & Shauna’s Big Cook Out for BBC Two and Britain’s Smallest City for ITV, while it also has a strong track record in drama and kids, including tense crime thriller 15 Days for Channel 5 and kids Zombie apocalypse game show Project Z for CITV, both adaptations of original commissions for S4C.
Skinner has joined from Cactus TV where he was Head of Development, helping to create and develop a wide range of shows, including A Taste of Britain and The Hairy Bikers’ Food Tour of Britain for BBC One, The A to Z of Crime for ITV, motoring format Modern Wheels or Classic Steals for DAVE, The Munch Box for CITV, John Torode’s Malaysian Adventure for UKTV’s Good Food, and a series of authored documentaries featuring Sara Cox, Grace Dent and Sophie Ellis-Bextor for UKTV’s W.
Prior to Cactus, Skinner was Head of Development at Rob Brydon’s production company, Jones The Film, helped develop BBC Two’s Mock The Week at Angst, and worked across development and production at Pett Productions, Tiger Aspect and Talkback.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 173 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 122 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 121 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 93 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021