Boom, the Cardiff-based, award-winning ITV Studios label, has appointed Dave Skinner as its Director of Development to head up its development team and expanding multi-genre slate.
Boom’s network focus is on factual and popular factual, with its credits including Sam & Shauna’s Big Cook Out for BBC Two and Britain’s Smallest City for ITV, while it also has a strong track record in drama and kids, including tense crime thriller 15 Days for Channel 5 and kids Zombie apocalypse game show Project Z for CITV, both adaptations of original commissions for S4C.
Skinner has joined from Cactus TV where he was Head of Development, helping to create and develop a wide range of shows, including A Taste of Britain and The Hairy Bikers’ Food Tour of Britain for BBC One, The A to Z of Crime for ITV, motoring format Modern Wheels or Classic Steals for DAVE, The Munch Box for CITV, John Torode’s Malaysian Adventure for UKTV’s Good Food, and a series of authored documentaries featuring Sara Cox, Grace Dent and Sophie Ellis-Bextor for UKTV’s W.
Prior to Cactus, Skinner was Head of Development at Rob Brydon’s production company, Jones The Film, helped develop BBC Two’s Mock The Week at Angst, and worked across development and production at Pett Productions, Tiger Aspect and Talkback.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 196 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 51 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- Hotstar launches in Singapore with exclusive streaming of the Dream11 IPL 2020 Playoffs and Final 44 views | posted on October 20, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights appoints distribution sales expert Hana Palmer as Head of Sales 37 views | posted on October 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020