Boom, the Cardiff-based, award-winning ITV Studios label, has appointed Dave Skinner as its Director of Development to head up its development team and expanding multi-genre slate.
Boom’s network focus is on factual and popular factual, with its credits including Sam & Shauna’s Big Cook Out for BBC Two and Britain’s Smallest City for ITV, while it also has a strong track record in drama and kids, including tense crime thriller 15 Days for Channel 5 and kids Zombie apocalypse game show Project Z for CITV, both adaptations of original commissions for S4C.
Skinner has joined from Cactus TV where he was Head of Development, helping to create and develop a wide range of shows, including A Taste of Britain and The Hairy Bikers’ Food Tour of Britain for BBC One, The A to Z of Crime for ITV, motoring format Modern Wheels or Classic Steals for DAVE, The Munch Box for CITV, John Torode’s Malaysian Adventure for UKTV’s Good Food, and a series of authored documentaries featuring Sara Cox, Grace Dent and Sophie Ellis-Bextor for UKTV’s W.
Prior to Cactus, Skinner was Head of Development at Rob Brydon’s production company, Jones The Film, helped develop BBC Two’s Mock The Week at Angst, and worked across development and production at Pett Productions, Tiger Aspect and Talkback.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 179 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 112 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 102 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 43 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020