Viacom International Media Networks partners Alibaba Group
Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN), a division of Viacom Inc. (VIA, VIAB), announced a collaboration with Youku, the video streaming platform of Alibaba Group (NYSE: BABA), to develop and produce an original animated series with the working titleLittle Luban. A Memorandum of Understanding for a multi-year content development and distribution partnership between the two companies was signed.
Little Luban will feature characters and themes that the production partners believe will resonate with viewers around the world. Global values of friendship and teamwork, along with specific elements of Chinese culture and philosophy will be incorporated into both the storyline and the visuals. The original production is targeted at younger kids audience, but is also intended to be enjoyed as family-viewing.
The development and production of the animated series will leverage the content development expertise and production resources of Viacom International Studios (VIS), which is responsible for all international content syndication, format sales and production and co-production activities for Viacom outside the U.S.
Youku and VIMN will also further cooperate to develop and license a range of consumer products to support the series.
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 97 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Viddsee is empowering Asian storytellers through meaningful content 79 views | posted on December 2, 2020
- TechStorm makes landmark debut in Taiwan with Taiwan’s Portico Media and ONLINE MEDIA’s 4gTV 67 views | posted on December 3, 2020
- Astro presents compelling vernacular content for December 49 views | posted on December 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020