Banijay Rights’ hit formats set to entertain audiences in Southeast Asia
Banijay Rights, the leading distribution arm of Banijay Group, has today confirmed that its long-running format, Don’t Forget the Lyrics!, has been picked up in Myanmar by Forever Group, for broadcast on leading entertainment channel, MRTV-4; and that The Secret Life of 4 Year Olds has been adapted by Houghton Street Media for Tencent Video in China.
Don’t Forget the Lyrics!, a modern entertainment classic and proven ratings winner regardless of territory or timeslot, will now be adapted for a Burmese audience by Forever Group, with an order of 240 episodes for broadcast in 2020 on free-to-air channel, MRTV-4. More than 2,000 episodes have been produced since the show’s launch in the US, and the format is broadcaster France 2’s number 1 hit show.
Elsewhere in Asia, the critically acclaimed award-winning series, The Secret Life of 4 Year Olds, a compelling insight into a child’s world, filled with tears, laughter, drama, politics, power struggles and larger-than-life characters, will be brought to Chinese audiences via broadcaster, Tencent Video, China’s largest video streaming platform.
- Australia’s Nine Network, Taiwan’s Chunghwa Telecom set to broadcast Sonar’s eSports sci-fi series – ‘Interface’ 305 views | posted on October 16, 2020
- Star Stable Entertainment partners with animation studio Ferly for short-form series adaptation of ‘Mistfall’ 64 views | posted on October 16, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 54 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment announces its first original production on Thrill – ‘Model Family’ 50 views | posted on October 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020