Banijay Rights’ hit formats set to entertain audiences in Southeast Asia
Banijay Rights, the leading distribution arm of Banijay Group, has today confirmed that its long-running format, Don’t Forget the Lyrics!, has been picked up in Myanmar by Forever Group, for broadcast on leading entertainment channel, MRTV-4; and that The Secret Life of 4 Year Olds has been adapted by Houghton Street Media for Tencent Video in China.
Don’t Forget the Lyrics!, a modern entertainment classic and proven ratings winner regardless of territory or timeslot, will now be adapted for a Burmese audience by Forever Group, with an order of 240 episodes for broadcast in 2020 on free-to-air channel, MRTV-4. More than 2,000 episodes have been produced since the show’s launch in the US, and the format is broadcaster France 2’s number 1 hit show.
Elsewhere in Asia, the critically acclaimed award-winning series, The Secret Life of 4 Year Olds, a compelling insight into a child’s world, filled with tears, laughter, drama, politics, power struggles and larger-than-life characters, will be brought to Chinese audiences via broadcaster, Tencent Video, China’s largest video streaming platform.
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 120 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Jungle Cruise’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 30 July 77 views | posted on July 30, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 65 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- Tata Sky Binge delivers aggregation across 11 streaming apps, powered by ThinkAnalytics 58 views | posted on July 30, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021