Viu collaborates with Discovery to bring top-notch factual and lifestyle entertainment content to digital audience in Southeast Asia
Viu, a leading pan-regional OTT video service from PCCW Media Group with more than 36 million monthly active users (MAU), today announced a significant content collaboration deal with Discovery Networks Asia Pacific, bringing Discovery‘s real life entertainment to the rapidly expanding digital audiences in Southeast Asia via Viu.
Viu-ers will now have access to top-rated content from the vast library of Discovery Networks Asia Pacific channels on an on-demand basis, including Discovery, Discovery Asia, Animal Planet, Food Network, TLC, and HGTV*. This includes lifestyle content (Jason Tastes Asia, Family Kitchen with Sherson, and Cooking for Love), reality content (Cake Boss, Dr. Pimple Popper, 90 Day Fiancé, and Iron Chef Gauntlet), and docuseries (Deadliest Catch, Gold Rush: White Water, and Extinct Or Alive). The content will be available in six markets, including Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand. On top of that, Viu-ers will also have access to Asian Food Network content. Food enthusiasts will enjoy a totally refreshed look, content and set of talents of their beloved Pan-Asian food platform on Viu.
- Australia’s Nine Network, Taiwan’s Chunghwa Telecom set to broadcast Sonar’s eSports sci-fi series – ‘Interface’ 283 views | posted on October 16, 2020
- Los Angeles-based Organic Media Group, Taipei’s Creative Century Entertainment delivers two new series 175 views | posted on October 14, 2020
- Yellow, Black and White to premiere ‘Sherlock: The Russian Chronicles’ at MIPCOM 2020 70 views | posted on October 15, 2020
- Euronews launches on Singapore operator StarHub 60 views | posted on October 15, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020