Looking to modernize and future-proof the video acquisition capabilities in its studios last year, The TV and Video Communications department at California’s Santa Ana College (SAC) purchased six SK-UHD4000 Ultra HD cameras from Hitachi Kokusai Electric America Ltd. (Hitachi Kokusai) to give the school a competitive edge and offer students practical experience on state-of-the-art, industry-standard equipment.
Established in 1915 and now serving over 29,000 credit and non-credit students per semester, SAC has evolved into one of the most energetic and fastest-growing comprehensive community colleges in the nation. Its Digital Media Center – a facility of both SAC and its college district – houses one of the largest TV and video production studios in the community college system.
The Hitachi cameras’ ability to integrate with Ross Dashboard was also compelling, as the department had plans – which they have recently implemented – to deploy the open control and monitoring platform to complement its existing Ross Carbonite switcher.
Students now use the SK-UHD4000 cameras to produce weekly newscasts and talk shows, as well as in dedicated studio production classes. In addition to providing hands-on production education that will benefit the students when they enter the job market, these programs are shown on YouTube and the City of Santa Ana’s public access channel CTV3 – thus helping the department promote its curriculum and the college.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 107 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 81 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 67 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 51 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020