HBO Asia announced the renewal of the network’s dark action fantasy series, HALFWORLDS, with the filming for the eight-part third season commencing in the Philippines in January and set to premiere exclusively on HBO GO and HBO in 2020. This is the first time an HBO Asia series is shot entirely in the Philippines and this series marks the longest running series for HBO Asia.
Created by HBO Asia and helmed by Filipino filmmaker and director Mikhail Red, the third season ventures from the neon streets of Bangkok to the gun-stricken streets of Manila, where blood thirsty mythical creatures known as Engkangtoslive out in the open amongst humans. Alex, a half-human and half-Engkangtoseeks to find the original source of the dwindling haven plant to heal allEngkangtos of their hunger for human flesh amidst the war between theEngkangto tribes over the coveted plant and power.
Led by Filipino stars Bianca Umali (Sahaya; Barbi D’ Wonder Beki) and Sam Concepcion (Shake, Rattle & Roll 13; Indak), season three of HALFWORLDS is produced by HBO Asia in partnership with Cignal TV. The series will also see returning cast from the previous seasons.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 98 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches KIX on MultiChoice’s DStv in Africa 37 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Singaporean Tyen Rasif wins ‘Asian Dream’ 29 views | posted on September 23, 2020
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 27 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020