HBO Asia announced the renewal of the network’s dark action fantasy series, HALFWORLDS, with the filming for the eight-part third season commencing in the Philippines in January and set to premiere exclusively on HBO GO and HBO in 2020. This is the first time an HBO Asia series is shot entirely in the Philippines and this series marks the longest running series for HBO Asia.
Created by HBO Asia and helmed by Filipino filmmaker and director Mikhail Red, the third season ventures from the neon streets of Bangkok to the gun-stricken streets of Manila, where blood thirsty mythical creatures known as Engkangtoslive out in the open amongst humans. Alex, a half-human and half-Engkangtoseeks to find the original source of the dwindling haven plant to heal allEngkangtos of their hunger for human flesh amidst the war between theEngkangto tribes over the coveted plant and power.
Led by Filipino stars Bianca Umali (Sahaya; Barbi D’ Wonder Beki) and Sam Concepcion (Shake, Rattle & Roll 13; Indak), season three of HALFWORLDS is produced by HBO Asia in partnership with Cignal TV. The series will also see returning cast from the previous seasons.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 303 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- BBC Studios licenses the scripted format ‘Doctor Foster’ to ABS-CBN 41 views | posted on April 13, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 40 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 35 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020