Blue Ant International announces the sale of Prison (3 x 60’) to nine additional international broadcasters across 82 territories. The broadcast deals roll out on the heels of several wins for Prison season one for Best Documentary Series at the Grierson Awards, the Royal Television Society Awards, and the Broadcast Awards.
The series also received a 2019 BAFTA nomination for Best Factual Series. The distributor also announces the release of Prison (3 x 60’) season two, available for presale for the first time at Content London this December, which gives viewers an inside look at the lives of incarcerated women.
The new deals see several broadcasters in Europe licensing Prison season one including W9 (M6 Group) (French-speaking Europe), TV2 AS (Norway), RTL(Luxembourg), Polsat Poland, Discovery Networks Italy, and Autentic GMBH (German-speaking Europe)
In the Oceania region, both Nine Network Australia and Sky (New Zealand) have bought season one of the series. In North America, Bell Media acquired the season for its French-language services.
This announcement comes after the previously announced sales of the first season to WELTN24 (Germany), TV2 (Norway), VRT (Belgium) RTL(Netherlands) and TV2 (Denmark) in January 2019.
Coming off the success of Prison, Blue Ant International releases, for the first time, Spring FIlms’ Prison season two. Originally commissioned by Channel 4, this new series deals with female offenders, whose terms range from a few weeks to decades, and the complex and powerful bonds with the officers and the prison itself. Whilst drugs and violence are inherent in the everyday life of the prison, the biggest challenges revolve around children, relationships (both within and outside of the prison), self-harming, and depression. For men, jail can be simply the loss of their liberty and they return home to a house and family cared for by their partner. For women, prison can be the destruction of their family, the loss of their children and their home.
Blue Ant International will showcase all of this content and more at Content London 2019.
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 87 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 83 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 82 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- NTV strikes deal with Walter Presents for ‘Murderous Fever’ 44 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020