Banijay Rights, the leading distribution arm of Banijay Group, has confirmed it will distribute the highly-anticipated, dramatic mini-series, FlightMH370, with France Televisions as the French broadcaster.
Produced by Alef One, headed up by Nora Melhli (The Tunnel;Riviera), the 6 x 52’ drama, explores the biggest mystery in aviation history, surrounding the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, which in 2014 was lost somewhere over the South China Sea carrying 239 passengers. The show boasts a raft of critically acclaimed creative talent, with showrunner Gilles Bannier (Spiral; Tin Star; The Tunnel), writers Tim Loane (Versailles, Das Boot) and Laurent Mercier (The Club, Eden). At the helm alongside Melhli as co-executive producer is Nadine Nohr who was integral to the distribution of landmark titles The Bridgeand Broadchurch.
Shot mainly in English, the mini-series is based on the novel by Ghyslain Wattrelos, who lost his wife and two of his three children in the tragedy and the book by Florence de Changy, the journalist, who investigated the disappearance with surgical precision. Told from multiple perspectives across seven countries, FlightMH370retraces the odyssey of Wattrelos, a man whose world was literally turned upside down overnight in a way that defies belief. With the main characters based on real people, Flight MH370tells the intriguing story not only from the viewpoint of the next of kin but also that of journalists, scientists, pilots, politicians and others whose lives have been affected by this catastrophic turn of events – reliving the moment their worlds came to an abrupt halt on that fateful night. For the families of the 239 victims, this moment marked the beginning of the rest of their lives.
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 72 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 63 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 63 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 59 views | posted on February 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020