BAFTA-winning showrunner Alison Hume sets sail with 108 Media’s Mrs Raffles
Mrs Raffles, an addictive new drama series for an international audience poised for production in Q3 2020, has signed the British BAFTA and Royal Television Society (RTS) winning Alison Hume as its head writer and showrunner.
Adapted from the critically acclaimed novel OLIVIA & SOPHIA by Singapore-based writer Rosie Milne, the historical period drama Mrs Raffles is developed and produced by 108 Media, the global content development and licensing company headquartered in Singapore with production and sales offices in Toronto, Tokyo, London, Los Angeles, Ho Chi Minh City, and Kuala Lumpur.
Mrs Raffles is based around the true story of the visionary imperialist Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles but uniquely viewed from the female perspectives of his wives. The untold story of their extraordinary adventures in the early 1800’s will immerse viewers in the exotic and diverse countries of Southeast Asia through a thrilling mix of character-driven fiction and factual historical events.
Hume was the creator and showrunning writer on both Rocket Man and 3 seasons of The Sparticle Mystery for the BBC. She was RTS nominated for her original TV short film BEATEN, and RTS Writer of the Year winner for Summerhill, for which she also won the BAFTA. Her feature film PURE starring Molly Parker and Keira Knightley won multiple awards at the Berlin International Film Festival and also won at the British Independent Film Awards.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,293 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 94 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 86 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 84 views | posted on July 29, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020