Series Mania Festival announces “call for series” with the series mania forum announcing “call for projects”
Following the tremendous success of this year’s event, Laurence Herszberg, founder and general director of Series Mania, announced the “Call for Series” for the Series Mania Festival (March 20-28), while at the same time announcing the “Call for Projects” for the industry arm of the Festival, the Series Mania Forum (March 25-27). Both have a deadline of January 10, 2020 to submit projects.
On the Festival side, 70 series will be selected to be part of the Series Mania program. Last year, 31 world premieres were part of the program, including the 10 rounds of international competition. Eleven prizes will be awarded by the various juries during the closing ceremony at the end of the nine-day Festival. The Series Mania international competition has allowed the international launch of prestigious series, such as The Virtues (Channel 4), The Rain (Netflix), Ride Upon the Storm (Arte), Your Honor (Yes), I Love Dick (Amazon), and Polar Day (Canal +).
On the Forum side, producers can submit their projects for the Forum’s annual Co-ProPitching Sessions. From these submissions, 16 projects will be selected to participate and to be pitched in front of decision makers of the TV industry. As with the past three years, the Best Project presented during the Co-Pro Pitching Sessions will be awarded a 50,000€ prize, as determined by a professional jury of leading industry executives.
The Forum has been the driving force behind the release of series such as: Banking District (Switzerland), Eden (France), Keeping Faith (Great Britain), Manor House (Czech Republic), Stella Blomkvist (Iceland) Tabula Rasa (Belgium), Trepalium (France), Warrior (Denmark), as well as the recent Devils (Italy) and The Head (Spain).
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 88 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 48 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 43 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches KIX on MultiChoice’s DStv in Africa 33 views | posted on September 22, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020