Globecast, the global solutions provider for media, announces that it’s partnering with PSSI Global Services, provider of comprehensive event, transmission and connectivity solutions, to enhance media distribution and contribution services for its customers. These include global distribution of news and sporting events, US teleport backup services, and expanded international programming in the US.
As part of the deal, Globecast has acquired the Galaxy 19 internationalchannel business from PSSI, which includes three Ku-band satellite transponders and associated customers. This arrangement augments Globecast’s already extensive Galaxy 19 suite of customers and increases Globecast’s commitment to the international channel market by 60 percent. PSSI’s International Teleport will work with Globecast to provide services to the Galaxy 19 customer community as part of this project.
The partnership will also enhance services for customers needing international contribution and distribution of news and sporting events: Globecast will utilizePSSI’s International Teleport and PSSI’s industry-leading fleet of SNG vehicles.
Globecast and PSSI previously worked together on the distribution of live events produced by PSSI/Strategic Television. This new deal will expand the international distribution opportunities for both companies and further positionsGlobecast as the leader in satellite-delivered transnational television programming.
The Galaxy 19 deal closed in July, with PSSI’s International teleport continuing to provide operational support to customers and Globecast, while Globecast’sCulver City Media Center will now support PSSI’s International Teleport withadditional products and services.
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 46 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 37 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- Stone Village, BlackBox Multimedia partner to Adapt Mary Shelley’s ‘Frankenstein’ 30 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- Bilibili announces 33 new Chinese anime titles at ‘Made By Bilibili 2020-2021’ 30 views | posted on November 24, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020