Globecast, the global solutions provider for media, announced the launch of Globecast Managed Cloud Network (GlobecastMCN), responding to pressures across the sports broadcasting market for more content more of the time, to affiliates and viewers.
Taking a tennis tournament as the example, Globecast MCN allows multiple additional feeds to be fed into the cloud at the nearest POP, transported across the world in the cloud and then received at an affiliate’s nearest POP. This allows the affiliate to air the content – following matches they choose – without the additional cost of more fibre-delivered feeds and the risk of purely public internet. As competitions move from location to location, this also provides a very simple way to deliver content without the need for onsite installation, with the processing and management complexity handled in the cloud. We can also take care of last-mile connectivity too.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 114 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 86 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 54 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 44 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020