Dynamic Television acquires worldwide distribution rights to Creepshow
Dynamic Television announced it has acquired the worldwide distribution rights for Shudder’s new Creepshow series.
The renowned horror franchise famously billed as “The Most Fun You’ll Have Being Scared” follows in the footsteps of the iconic 1982 horror classic film written by Stephen King and directed by George A. Romero. The (6×60’ & 12×30’) new anthology series premiered last week on Shudder in the U.S.
From visionary writer and director Greg Nicotero (The Walking Dead), the new Creepshow series features 12 chilling tales of terror and stars David Arquette (Scream franchise), Adrienne Barbeau (The Fog), Tobin Bell (Saw franchise), Big Boi (a.k.a. Antwan Patton), Jeffrey Combs (Re-Animator), Kid Cudi (a.k.a. Scott Mescudi), Bruce Davison (X-Men), Giancarlo Esposito (Better Call Saul), Dana Gould (Stan Against Evil), Tricia Helfer (Battlestar Galactica) and DJ Qualls (The Man in the High Castle).
A considerable number of contributors to the new series have ties to the original film and its 1987 sequel. The new series will feature adaptations of a story by King as well as his son, Joe Hill, who fans will recall played comic-book loving “Billy” in the original film’s wrap-around segments. Also returning to the Creepshow franchise are director Tom Savini, who created the special effects makeup for the film; writer/director John Harrison, who was 1st Assistant Director on the original and composed its famous theme; and showrunner Greg Nicotero, who visited the first film’s set as a teenager and contributed make-up effects to Creepshow 2.
The new Creepshow series is produced by the Cartel with Monster Agency Productions, Taurus Entertainment, and Striker Entertainment. Stan Spry, Jeff Holland, and Eric Woods are executive producers for the Cartel. Greg Nicotero and Brian Witten are executive producers for Monster Agency Productions. Robert Dudelson, James Dudelson and Jordan Kizwani are executive producers for Taurus Entertainment. Russell Binder is executive producer and Marc Mostman co-executive producer for Striker Entertainment.
- Canal+ and Cmore journey to ‘Eden’ with All3media International 98 views | posted on June 21, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 64 views | posted on June 18, 2021
- Globecast partners with Viaccess-Orca and MainStreaming for new end-to-end OTT Platform, App development 62 views | posted on June 21, 2021
- iQiyi Original K-drama series ‘Jirisan’ completes filming 59 views | posted on June 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020