GMA dramas continue to make waves across Southeast Asia. A number of GMA-produced
series are currently being aired in Thailand, Malaysia, Brunei, and Vietnam through successful partnerships between the Network’s content distribution subsidiary, GMA Worldwide, Inc. (GWI), and prominent broadcasters and content aggregators across the region.
In Malaysia, the acclaimed GMA drama Legally Blind is gaining popularity through free TV
channel TV3 Malaysia. Starring Janine Gutierrez, the series is about a blind lawyer seeking
justice after she became a victim of rape. The series premiered July 1 and took over the timeslot of another popular GMA Drama, A Woman Scorned (Ika-6 Na Utos).
Legally Blind is also being aired in Vietnam through Vietnam Television’s cable division
Saigon Tourist Cable Television Company Limited (SCTV) on SCTV17, as part of their line-up
of dramas for August.
Another GMA series in Vietnam is the revenge drama Beautiful Strangers currently aired by
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 136 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 47 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- Hotstar launches in Singapore with exclusive streaming of the Dream11 IPL 2020 Playoffs and Final 43 views | posted on October 20, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights appoints distribution sales expert Hana Palmer as Head of Sales 37 views | posted on October 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020