GMA dramas continue to make waves across Southeast Asia. A number of GMA-produced
series are currently being aired in Thailand, Malaysia, Brunei, and Vietnam through successful partnerships between the Network’s content distribution subsidiary, GMA Worldwide, Inc. (GWI), and prominent broadcasters and content aggregators across the region.
In Malaysia, the acclaimed GMA drama Legally Blind is gaining popularity through free TV
channel TV3 Malaysia. Starring Janine Gutierrez, the series is about a blind lawyer seeking
justice after she became a victim of rape. The series premiered July 1 and took over the timeslot of another popular GMA Drama, A Woman Scorned (Ika-6 Na Utos).
Legally Blind is also being aired in Vietnam through Vietnam Television’s cable division
Saigon Tourist Cable Television Company Limited (SCTV) on SCTV17, as part of their line-up
of dramas for August.
Another GMA series in Vietnam is the revenge drama Beautiful Strangers currently aired by
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 321 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 64 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 62 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020