Top India MSOs dominates country’s cable TV market
According to data from the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), these 15 MSOs, represent less than 1.5% of the 1100 MSOs currently active in India, with Siti Networks, DEN Networks, Hathway Digital, GTPL Hathway, and IndusInd Media and Communications Ltd (IMCL) taking the top five spots.
As of 1 April 2019, Siti Networks was the top MSO with an active subscriber base of 11.13 million, covering Punjab, Karnataka, Rajasthan, Kerala, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Bihar.
DEN Networks followed with an active subscriber base of 7.03 million in Gujarat, Karnataka, Rajasthan, Kerala, Uttarakhand, Delhi-NCR, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, and Bihar.
Hathway Digital had 6.69 million active subscribers spread across Delhi, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal, and Telangana.
GTPL Hathway had 5.25 million active subscribers in Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, and Assam. While IMCL had 4.54 million active subscribers across Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka, and Andhra Pradesh.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 193 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 113 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 103 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 44 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020