Toonz Media Group acquires a Majority Stake in Telegael
In July 2018, Toonz announced the co-production of its new 52×12’ CGI comedy series Mondo Yan, partnering with Telegael, Spanish broadcaster TV3 from Catalunya and Imira Entertainment. Telegael is handling part of the
pre-production and all post production of the series. Toonz-owned Imira Entertainment handles worldwide distribution of the series.
Toonz Media Group, this year celebrating its 20th anniversary, will through this acquisition, increase its in-house development and IP Creation business with Telegael’s design and preproduction division, amounting to a significant increase in European production with global appeal and more titles added to Toonz’s slate, which is distributed globally by Toonz’s Imira.
Established in 1988 and employing the services of up to 350 talent and entertainment professionals, including fulltime and contract, Telegael co-produces animated and live action content for a range of international partners and broadcasters. Its clients include some of the biggest names in global broadcasting including The Walt Disney Company, Netflix, Lionsgate, NBC Universal Sprout, BBC, Discovery, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, ARD and ZDF. Telegael has produced more than 1,000 hours of television, which have been distributed to over 150 territories and translated into over 50 languages.
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 98 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Viddsee is empowering Asian storytellers through meaningful content 81 views | posted on December 2, 2020
- TechStorm makes landmark debut in Taiwan with Taiwan’s Portico Media and ONLINE MEDIA’s 4gTV 67 views | posted on December 3, 2020
- Astro presents compelling vernacular content for December 49 views | posted on December 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020